Kasa Smart Switch Dimmer failing again

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-22 13:53:36
Model: KS220M  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.10

Hello everyone,

I had a problem with one of my KS220M about a month ago and now, I'm having the same issue with another one. What happen is no matter how I try to open it (motion detection, apps or physical button), the light doesn't come up. A quick way to fix it is to press the right button so it does a mini restart and now the light start working again.

Last time, I had a RMA on my switch. Shipping cost me 22$ which is more then I paid for the switch... I'm not really happy about it. I replaced everything with Kasa switch and outlet in my home and all are working fine, except these one that keep failing. I though at first it might be a problem with my light fixture but now it's happening in another room.

Demo:

https://youtube.com/shorts/kbynz9sBQMc?feature=share

Thank you

Options
3 Reply
Re:Kasa Smart Switch Dimmer failing again
2023-12-26 02:19:50

@Nodiaque 

The lights are exceeding the maximum load? I've done this before and finally realized it after ruining 3 switches.

Options
2023-12-28 16:43:39

@TTTusp I doubt 4 led light is exceeding the maximum light, they are 9w each.

Options
2024-01-15 12:44:00

I found out the problem (well I'm pretty sure it's that since it hasn't happen again).

I had a wifi problem where some device would randomly stop working. I woke up last week with all my device offline connected to a specific router (which was the iot router). Since I switched all device to my unifi ap, I haven't got this problem again.

So in my understanding, there's something in the coding that if wifi is bugged for an unknown reason, the switch doesn't work. It's like if it's waiting to published it's state or something.

I'm still not 100% sure it's the problem, but I haven't seen the problem back yet since I did that change.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 523

Replies: 3

Related Articles