Kasa app works fine but Google Home and Google Assistant cannot reach any Kasa smart plugs

Kasa app works fine but Google Home and Google Assistant cannot reach any Kasa smart plugs

2023-12-30 18:54:45 - last edited 2024-01-10 07:25:10
Tags: #Google Assistant #Google Home
Model: KP405  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

I had the same problem as a, now locked, thread with the same title.  My solution wasn't listed and some of the ones in that thread didn't work or seemed way more cumbersome than what worked for me.  So, I added this new thread with my solution:

My Kasa app would control my outdoor smart switches (KP405), but Google Home app showed them offline and wouldn't control them.

To fix it, I went into the Google Home app, clicked Settings, clicked on one of my Kasa devices, and then clicked on "Unlink TP-Link Kasa" towards the bottom of the device settings page. In the pop-up, I clicked "Unlink". It then took me to a "Home control" page and, under Linked Services, I clicked "TP-Link Kasa". Last, in the pop-up, I clicked "Reconnect account". I was then able to control the switches from the Google Home app again.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Kasa app works fine but Google Home and Google Assistant cannot reach any Kasa smart plugs-Solution
2024-01-10 07:24:18 - last edited 2024-01-10 07:24:22

@NT17 

Thank you for sharing! In some cases, the third-party service may fail to reconnect to Kasa if there were any interruptions. If Kasa device is confirmed to be working for remote control, relinking Kasa and the third-party service would be a good method to restore the connection.

What should I do if I cannot make my Kasa device work with Alexa or Google Home?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa app works fine but Google Home and Google Assistant cannot reach any Kasa smart plugs-Solution
2024-01-10 07:24:18 - last edited 2024-01-10 07:24:22

@NT17 

Thank you for sharing! In some cases, the third-party service may fail to reconnect to Kasa if there were any interruptions. If Kasa device is confirmed to be working for remote control, relinking Kasa and the third-party service would be a good method to restore the connection.

What should I do if I cannot make my Kasa device work with Alexa or Google Home?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 201

Replies: 1

Tags

Google Assistant
Google Home
Related Articles