Votes

Non-rectangular privacy zones

Votes

2024-01-04 09:07:29 - last edited 2024-01-05 09:22:31

Hi, 

I am desperately trying to block non rectangular shapes from being on camera but there is no way drag the shapes to be something other than a rectangle even unable to being rotated. Additionally the limit of privacy zones appears to be 4, after the 4th zone I am no longer able to add more.. Having only 4 rectangles that cannot even be rotated are not enough to block what needs to be blocked..

I found this thread: https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/616486

There it seems to be possible somehow, yet I cannot reproduce. I tested android and iphone app without success, so I would appreciate if you could help or provide some information:

Should I be able to do non rectangular shapes or at least rotate them?

Is 4 privacy zones the limit for each camera?

How can it be fixed / will it be fixed?

Thank you in advance!

Regards

Options
3 Reply
Re:Non-rectangular privacy zones
2024-01-05 09:22:11 - last edited 2024-01-05 09:22:22

@NW4 

Hi,
Currently, it's unable to set non-rectangular shapes or rotate them on the privacy zones settings page, and you can add up to 4 privacy zones for each camera.

Thank you for your feedback here, while we don't have any specific details that I can share about whether the feature to add non-rectangular privacy zones can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
I moved this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Tapo)' area for better visibility, and if other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-08 12:01:49

@Solla-topee 

Thank you for forwarding this feature request.

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-09 07:18:49

@NW4 You are welcome~smiley

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 169

Replies: 3

Voters 1