Tplink smart plug incorrect data

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-20 20:55:27
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with dara reading on my tplink smart plug i have it plugged on my fridge and the power consumption is way off the normal usage.

I tried reseting it and still same issue and the firmware is up-to-date.

Thanks

Options
5 Reply
Re:Tplink smart plug incorrect data
2024-01-23 09:58:14

@Badram 

Does HS110 read the correct power value? Or just the consumption data incorrect?

How do you tell it? Do you have another smart plug to monitor the data?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-02-06 11:32:26

@Wayne-TP  Hi Wayne ,

sorry for the late reply.

my smart plug is reading correct live consumption most of the times as when i check it i see a high W consumption that looks weird for a normal refrigerator usage is goes up to 3000watts and the 7 days and month consumption is out of this world, no one would be able to consume that much power.

the smart plug was working normally with correct data on the same appliance for sometime before i noticed a huge consumption difference between my electricity bill and appliance data.

Kindly find below screenshot.

Options
2024-02-07 07:47:28

@Badram 

How did you reset the plug? Make sure that it is being factory reset correctly. What's the version of your Kasa App? Please make sure it is updated as well. 

How to reset Kasa HS110: Press and hold the Settings button for 10 seconds or until the Wi-Fi LED blinks amber rapidly.

How long have you been using this plug? When did this appear?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-02-09 20:59:45

@Wayne-TP  yes i did the reset correctly (holding the button for 10s and reconfigure it).

My device is up-to-date with version 1.5.6 I've been using it for almost 2 years and it started 3 to 4 months ago.

Options
2024-02-19 03:54:48

@巴德拉姆 

Which version of the Kasa App do you use? Make sure it is updated as well. You can also try to delete and reinstall the App. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 393

Replies: 5

Related Articles