2024-01-25 11:43:19 - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Common user scenarios

Case One Link Backup/Failover

There are two broadband connections available on my property:

• Fiber Ethernet connection
  • Limited broadband bandwidth, such as the xDSL connection or Mobile 4G/5G service.

The Fiber Ethernet connection is the primary service, while occasionally, there might be a service outage. In the event of such an outage, the backup limited broadband connection will automatically activate to ensure uninterrupted connectivity. How can I set up my Deco?

Case Two Multi-Wan Bandwidth Aggregation/ Load Balance

There are two broadband connections available on my property: 

• 1G/s connection from Spectrum
  • 1G/s connection from Verizon. 

I want to use Deco XE75 Pro which has a 2.5G Ethernet port to fully leverage the 2G service. Is it possible?

Suggestions

First and foremost, Deco does not support Multi-Wan ports so you can not connect two ISPs directly to different Ethernet ports on the main Deco.

Please vote to add your support here if you request the same feature---Deco as dual-wan router

But they could be accomplished by adding a load balance router.

>>TP-Link Load Balance routers List

Configuration Guide(Take ER7206 for example):

Case One Link Backup

1. Configure "Link Backup" on the ER7206.

2. Since Deco is also a DHCP Router by default, it is suggested to set Deco into Access Point mode to avoid the Double NAT issue.
Under Access Point mode, you could also connect more than one Deco to ER7206 to improve the overall Mesh bandwidth.

Case Two Multi-Wan Bandwidth Aggregation

1. Enable "Load Balance" under Transmission – Load Balancing on the ER7206.

>>How to test whether multi-wan bandwidth aggregation takes effect
2. Since Deco is also a DHCP Router by default, it is suggested to set Deco into Access Point mode to avoid the Double NAT issue.
Under Access Point mode, you could also connect more than one Deco to ER7206 to improve the overall Mesh bandwidth.

Options