Help Setting up Camera on Windows 10 Laptop using MEmu

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-23 13:40:16
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi I don't own a smart phone, so I've been trying various ways to try connect my new camera via my windows 10 laptop.

I downloaded MEmu, downloaded the Tapo app and I'm stuck connecting the camera to my network.

I tried a wired connection using an ethernet cablle conneted to my router and I got a solid orange light on the camera.

It cannot find the camera however and I can't seem to change the network on MEme to my own wifi one.

Online helps seems to assume you have a smartphone and you log into the app first.

I do not.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Help Setting up Camera on Windows 10 Laptop using MEmu
2024-02-26 03:28:17

@突变体1979 

As far as I know, the emulator app is not able to replace the mobile device and complete the configuration of the smart camera. To configure the camera, the mobile device needs to be connected to the smart camera's WiFi, at which point the app finds and connects to the camera before it can continue with the following steps: connecting to the router, setting the name, etc.

You may borrow a mobile device to set up the Tapo camera. As the camera is configured to your TP-Link account, this mobile device cannot view your camera if you have signed out of your account and deleted the app.

Note: Some product functions may not work on the Android emulator, such as the camera's two-way audio, talk function, etc.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 603

Replies: 1

Related Articles