Share shortcut triggers with other people
Share shortcut triggers with other people
2024-02-24 23:56:30 - last edited 2024-02-27 16:02:30
Model: General Product  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 3.2.808

Hi everyone,

I think this feature have to be added:

In your house, how do you manage the shortcuts between those who live there?

I don't know if it has happened to you, but you can share the devices with other people(for example, my mum's shared devices with me and my sister), but you can't find how to share the shortcuts: when you enter the house (the cameras inside the house are deactivated, or the door sensors are deactivated) or when you leave, that activates everything again.

It's quite uncomfortable for us because, (of course), the whole family can use the same account... But it can't be the solution.

For example:

- I have another apartment, with another account of mine and other devices.

- My sister's live also in another house.

But we both visit my mum once or twice a week, or we go to her house eventhough my mum's not there and we would like to have the option to trigger the shortcut "enter house" or "leave house" from our account.

The ideal thing would be for each person who visited this house to have their own account and be able to activate or deactivate everything (specially shortcuts) when entering or leaving the house, without the need to each share their account.

I've found that if you shared devices with someone, this person can create an automation and then a shortcut, but it is not the solution, in our case we would have to create three times every single automation and shortcut.... It would be much much much easier to share just the shortcuts and automations.

This is not a solution because you have to repeat everything multiple times.

I tried to explain it in two videos, with visual explanation:

part 1: https://youtu.be/TLd7Lye-NYI

part 2: https://youtu.be/FVrBNGLI91k

Many thanks.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Share shortcut triggers with other people
2024-02-27 13:02:23

@ercovi I totally understand, same happened to me with my family. I need to share our shortcuts because we all use different (and personal) accounts.

Options
2024-02-28 19:50:15

@ercovi It seems to me that you have explained very well, I have the same situation with my family and it would be a very good option to implement.

Options
2 weeks ago
@ercovi ditto, I have a similar situation. Is there any progress on this query? Or any work around, other than having to set-up separate automations/shortcuts for each user?
Options
a week ago
Hi @Brockles, No progress here... We are all using the same tapo account even though we dont live together. My flat devices and my mum's house devices in the same account. ridiculous
Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 255

Replies: 4

Voters 5

+ 1 Voters