RV30 giving "Suction Fan Error"

2024-02-28 07:48:13 - last edited 2024-03-01 02:17:43
Model: Tapo RV30  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

My RV30 was mid-cleaning when the battery level was too low so it returned to it's dock to charge. I removed the dustbin to empty it and clean the filter. After returning the dustbin (with filter) to the vacuum it was still busy charging. Our mains power went off for a couple hours, but when it returned the vacuum did not continue it's cleaning cycle. Once the battery was charged, I told it to clean a room, it moved off the dock, did a 360 degree turn and then beeped with the home light flashing red. I received a notification from the Tapo app saying "Suction Fan Error. Tap to troubleshoot". The troubleshooting explained how to empty/clean the bin and filter which I had already done. I've looked inside best I could to see if there were any obstructions and could see none.

I attempted a factory reset (by holding home and spot clean buttons for 10 seconds) which meant having to map out the whole house again. That didn't help, though.

I've only had the vacuum about a week and it has done a total of about 14 or 15 hours of cleaning.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:RV30 giving "Suction Fan Error"-Solution
2024-02-29 09:21:29 - last edited 3 weeks ago

Here are some tips if your Tapo robot vacuum is giving the error "Suction Fan Error" and cannot proceed with the cleaning task.

Check if the following suggestion helps!

1. Try to reduce the vacuum power.

2. Manually reboot the robot vacuum with its side ON/OFF button

What if the above tips don't help?

Click here to contact local TP-Link support for maintenance.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:RV30 giving "Suction Fan Error"-Solution
2024-02-29 09:21:29 - last edited 3 weeks ago

Here are some tips if your Tapo robot vacuum is giving the error "Suction Fan Error" and cannot proceed with the cleaning task.

Check if the following suggestion helps!

1. Try to reduce the vacuum power.

2. Manually reboot the robot vacuum with its side ON/OFF button

What if the above tips don't help?

Click here to contact local TP-Link support for maintenance.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:RV30 giving "Suction Fan Error"
2024-02-29 11:22:04

Hi @Wayne-TP, thanks for replying.

I've set the vacuum power to quiet and have turned it off and on again (a few times) and as I'd mentioned I also tried a factory reset.

Thank you

Options
2024-03-01 02:17:38 - last edited 3 weeks ago

clone137 wrote

Hi @Wayne-TP, thanks for replying.

I've set the vacuum power to quiet and have turned it off and on again (a few times) and as I'd mentioned I also tried a factory reset.

Thank you

@clone137 It looks like a hardware problem to me. I would recommend contacting the retailer for maintenance or proceeding with a warranty.

If you like, you can also contact the local TP-Link technical support, and check if they have any suggestions. 

Options
2024-03-01 07:40:41

Hi @Wayne-TP, thank you. I've chosen to return for a replacement from the retailer. Thanks again

Options
3 weeks ago

@clone137 Was this issue ever resolved? Have the same issue to day after cleaning the filter and filling with water. 

Options
3 weeks ago

Hi @WestmeathMan, it was resolved by returning it to the retailer and having it replaced

Options
3 weeks ago

@WestmeathMan 

Please call for maintenance if restarting the robot vacuum with its side ON/OFF button doesn't help. Contact TP-Link Support

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 357

Replies: 7

Related Articles