Votes

Smart plug TAPO app dusk/dawn offset limit extension

2024-03-02 16:34:12 - last edited 2024-03-05 09:21:28
Model: Tapo P110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 B231009

Could it please be possible to extend the possible dusk/dawn related event offset to 24 hrs in the TAPO Android app? I dont see the reason why is there 5 hrs. limit. I´m using the plug for turning on the lishts for plants. The ideal routine for me to maintain the light-hours is to set ON 1hr before dusk and would love to set OFF eg 17 hrs after dawn. Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Smart plug TAPO app dusk/dawn offset limit extension
2024-03-05 09:11:49

@JVjv 

I don't quite follow the logic here, why 17 hours after dusk? Sunrise will come about twelve hours after sunset, and the schedule related to sunrise will be triggered at this time.

• If you need to keep lighting on at night (after dusk): Turn ON plug after sunset + Turn OFF plug before sunrise.
  • If you want to extend the light time of your plants during the day: Turn On plug before sunrise + Turn OFF plug after sunset. 
Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-03-05 09:33:33

@Wayne-TP 

Hi, sorry my english is not perfect and i switched dusk and dawn :D (edited).

Where i live, dusk comes in different times after dawn. The day-light length is 8-16 hrs. I want to (partly) compensate for that but i dont want to have the lights running the whole day when its not needed. I dont need nor want to keep the lights on the whole night, nor i want to have fixed artificial day length (set on at fixed time, off at dawn, on at dusk, off at fixed time). It could be solved by splitting the plug-on time in two halfs in the morning and evening, but i dont want the light to wake me up in the morning :D Hopefully i have explained more clearly...

To sum up:

I want to extend the day, but the extension time varies significantly (0-8 hrs extension)

I dont want the light tu run the whole night nor during the day

I dont want to run in the morning

Options
2024-03-07 10:07:16

@JVjv 

The suggestion I gave above was based on the fact that you could then additionally add offsets to sunset/sunrise. I feel that you may be stuck in the final effect you want to achieve. 

Instead of keeping the plug on for a certain amount of time, you could think it differently. By setting the sunrise/sunset offsets (Before or After), you could make the plug cumulatively be ON for the desired amount of time.

• If you want to extend the light time of your plants during the day: Turn On plug XX hours XX minutes before sunrise + Turn OFF plug XX hours XX minutes after sunset. 

You can be flexible about whether to use Before or After, depending on the situation. For example, in summer, the daytime is longer, sunrises early and the sunset is late, there is no need to extend the light time, then you can change to turn on the light at sunrise, and turn off the light an hour or two before sunset.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 180

Replies: 3

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.