Can Kasa Devices Be Now Controlled by Tapo Buttons?

2024-03-15 23:45:48 - last edited 2024-03-21 09:13:58
Tags: #tapo

With the Tapo App 3.0 with Kasa integration, can I now use a TP-Link Tapo Smart Button such as this one (Amazon) to remotely control a Kasa Device or Smart Action? This would solve the lack of Kasa hardware remote control buttons/switches and opens up many more possibilities (for example I can use a Tapo button as a switch in a 4-way configuration). Has anyone done this yet? 

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Can Kasa Devices Be Now Controlled by Tapo Buttons? -Solution
2024-03-18 08:30:44 - last edited 2024-03-21 09:13:58

@Scottopia 

Tapo smart button can be linked with Kasa smart switch through the Smart Action function. How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices

However, it should be noted that Tapo S200B is a physical button, which can only be triggered by physical control (single click, double click, clockwise/counterclockwise rotation), and cannot be directly controlled through the App.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-03-20 22:23:42 - last edited 2024-03-21 18:25:15

@Wayne-TP 
Thanks! I have since bought two Tapo Smart buttons and they are controlling my Kasa devices. This is a great find. 

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
2024-03-18 08:30:44 - last edited 2024-03-21 09:13:58

@Scottopia 

Tapo smart button can be linked with Kasa smart switch through the Smart Action function. How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices

However, it should be noted that Tapo S200B is a physical button, which can only be triggered by physical control (single click, double click, clockwise/counterclockwise rotation), and cannot be directly controlled through the App.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-03-20 22:23:42 - last edited 2024-03-21 18:25:15

@Wayne-TP 
Thanks! I have since bought two Tapo Smart buttons and they are controlling my Kasa devices. This is a great find. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can Kasa Devices Be Now Controlled by Tapo Buttons?
2024-03-21 09:13:53
Wonderful! Hope you can enjoy the convenience it brings you!
Options
Thursday
Hi, this is exactly what I was looking for. Did you need the Tapo hub to make the button work with the Kasa switch? Thanks!
Options
Friday

Houss wrote

Hi, this is exactly what I was looking for. Did you need the Tapo hub to make the button work with the Kasa switch? Thanks!

@Houss 

A Tapo hub is required to use the smart button. 

To make Kasa device work with Tapo device, Kasa account should be linked with Tapo first. How to Add Kasa Devices to the Tapo App

General questions about linking Kasa devices to Tapo App

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 189

Replies: 5

Tags

tapo
Related Articles