Link camera to smart button

2024-03-22 14:15:45 - last edited 2024-03-28 03:39:05
Model: Tapo C225  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Is it possible to link my C225 camera to a Tapo smart button, the camera is normally in privacy mode when we are at home but I want to keep a button by the front door so I can just tap it on the way out & it will disable privacy mode.

I realise you can create a shortcut in the Tapo app for this but the idea is to not have to get my phone out while I am fishing about in my pockets for keys, a simple button tap would be so much more practical.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Link camera to smart button-Solution
2024-03-25 07:05:42 - last edited 2024-03-28 03:39:05

@markcoopz 

Absolutely! You can set a single click to toggle the camera privacy mode.

Alternatively, for more precision, you can set a single click to activate privacy mode and double-click to deactivate it.

Learn more about Tapo Smart Action here: How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Link camera to smart button-Solution
2024-03-25 07:05:42 - last edited 2024-03-28 03:39:05

@markcoopz 

Absolutely! You can set a single click to toggle the camera privacy mode.

Alternatively, for more precision, you can set a single click to activate privacy mode and double-click to deactivate it.

Learn more about Tapo Smart Action here: How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 120

Replies: 1

Related Articles