Tapo C425 - Why is this with RTSP ?!?

Tapo C425 - Why is this with RTSP ?!?

22 Reply
Re:Tapo C425 - Why is this with RTSP ?!?
2024-07-05 17:20:34
I remember seeing the option for RTSP in the app some firmware versions ago but I now I couldn't find it anymore, I thought I was crazy. I wanted to mess around with an NVR but the option is gone. I'm so disappointed with this
Options
2024-07-15 04:17:08

@unhuzpt I'm extremely angry about this! I bought FOUR C425 "MagCams" WITH solar panels for their placement flexibility and the fact that they had RTSP streams so I could access them in Blue Iris software. I'm a long time TP-Link customer. I own a router, a couple of switches, three access points, and nine other Tapo cameras, including a D130 doorbell. I also own several Kasa devices. All of the cameras are connected to Blue Iris using the camera account and I was under the impression that the C425 would have the same functionality. They are great cameras, but I can't be tied to an app on my phone as I am in front of my PC all day and into the night and need to be able to view the video feeds constantly. After testing the solar panels I am quite certain that they would keep the cameras charged even while streaming constantly. If not I would be very happy to charge them every weekend if necessary, as they are mounted with a magnet and very easy to remove. Oh well, I guess I'll send them all back to Amazon. I will buy them again later if TP-Link will reconsider and create a firmware that gives the customer the freedom to use the device as they choose. In my country we vote with our wallets and we will not tolerate bait and switch advertising. TP-Link should be adding functionality, not removing it!!!

Options
2024-07-15 20:03:10

@unhuzpt It was driving me crazy I sweared I saw the account rstp option in the Tapo App for this camera and suddenly I stoped seeing it. None of the Tapo members have repplied anymore to this post. As someone mentioned here we bought the camera because of all of the amazing features including the ability to use RSTP, how we consume the battery is our business. Bring back the account / rstp option!!

Options
2024-07-19 22:55:49

I have the exact same Issue ...

bought 3 C425 cams and I can not stream them ..

reached out to support and got the same response: wireless cams don't get it ... 

please let us choose !

this is a must have feature for allot of pleople ..

the camera itself is awesome!

Options
2024-07-23 04:46:14

@Wayne-TP why the silence after all the

Wayne-TP wrote

@unhuzpt 

Where is the information you are referencing? Can you post a link here? 

In this FAQ instruction, the point 9 specifically mentions that battery camera models do not support RTSP. How to view Tapo camera on PC/NAS/NVR through RTSP/Onvif Protocol

For battery-powered cameras, they usually conserve power by staying in sleep mode and activate only when triggered by a PIR sensor. RTSP streaming, however, requires the camera to be online for extended periods, leading to faster battery drain. This setup isn’t ideal for battery-powered cameras from a design standpoint.

feedbacks and comments to your clarification question??

Options
2024-07-23 08:39:30

I too purchased this camera recently for the same reason. I have several other Tapo cameras and use them all via the RTSP account, couldn't figure out what was going on but I'm currently too busy trying to get my tp-link router to work properly so I figured I'd get to this once that fire was put out!

Seems TP-Link is in such a rush to bring out new products instead of creating rock solid products and making them work properly first.

Would be good to get some feedback from TP-Link or at least an acknowledgment that users are asking for this to be reinstated. It would be the polite thing to do.

Options
2024-08-10 23:59:21

@unhuzpt I just bought these thinking they had rtsp. I ordered 5 total, received 2 so far. Guess I sending them back to Amazon. Really sucks to because they are great cameras

Options
2024-08-14 23:28:02

@unhuzpt Also just set up a camera from Amazon under the impression it supported rtsp/Home Assistant & Frigate integration. It's also recommended by the Scrypted docs which I know isn't Tapo's fault, just adds to the confusion. Going to have to return it

Options
2024-08-16 20:50:29

@unhuzpt 

It's infuriating and clearly TP-Link aren't interested in anything their Customers actually say or want as is clear from their silence on this topic and lack of a solution.

Options
a week ago

@Wayne-TP 

is there a way to revert the firmware to restore rtsp functionality on these cameras??

Wayne-TP wrote

@unhuzpt 

Where is the information you are referencing? Can you post a link here? 

In this FAQ instruction, the point 9 specifically mentions that battery camera models do not support RTSP. How to view Tapo camera on PC/NAS/NVR through RTSP/Onvif Protocol

For battery-powered cameras, they usually conserve power by staying in sleep mode and activate only when triggered by a PIR sensor. RTSP streaming, however, requires the camera to be online for extended periods, leading to faster battery drain. This setup isn’t ideal for battery-powered cameras from a design standpoint.

Options
Related Articles