Can I combine more than one EAP615

2024-05-22 16:26:47 - last edited 2024-05-22 16:34:10
Model: EAP615-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.7

Hi I have an EAP615-wall. My question is, if I was to purchase a few more and place them throughout my home, Can I set them up so they create one larger  wifi zone/signal? 

thanks in advance ✌️👍🏻

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can I combine more than one EAP615
2024-05-23 01:12:02

PerryMarchant wrote

Hi I have an EAP615-wall. My question is, if I was to purchase a few more and place them throughout my home, Can I set them up so they create one larger  wifi zone/signal? 

thanks in advance ✌️👍🏻

Hi @PerryMarchant 

You can use the controller such as the software controller to manage all the Omada EAP including EAP615-Wall at the same platform. With the controller, you can enable the fast roaming and build the EAP mesh. You can refer to the below links to find the controller and learn how to build the Omada system:

Download for Omada Software Controller | TP-Link

How to: Install and Set Up Omada Software Controller (youtube.com)

How to: Configure Fast Roaming via the Omada SDN Controller (youtube.com)

How to: Build an Omada Mesh Network via the Omada SDN Controller (youtube.com)

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Can I combine more than one EAP615
2024-05-23 15:15:29

@PerryMarchant 

Yes, with the latest firmware and a controller (OC200 or software) you can achieve this with the EAP615-wall (my second favourite EAP).  As a side benefit, you don't even need to cable some of the new APs as they can 'mesh' back to any cabled AP (trades off overall performance/throughput for ease of deployment--if you can cable, then do it!)

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options