T310 stops reporting valus

3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Tapo T310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 230105 Tel150707

I have several T310 to monitor temperature and humidity. They have been working with no problem for at lest 6 months, and then suddenly 2 of them stopped delivering data at the same time, midnight. They are online, visible in the app, but no data added after this moment. I tried the following actions: Change batteries - no improvement. Remove the sensor from the hub, and then connect again. Solved it at first. One sensor still works now, but the other one worked ok until midnight, then there is just no more data registered. It is still online.

One more strange feature. If I remove the battery and just leave it like that, the T310 is still visible as online. Perhaps the trouble is with the hub? Tapo H200, hw version 1.0, Firmware 1.3.2 Build20240424 rel 75425.

Maybe still a battery problem? But then why do they always stop working at midnight?

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:T310 stops reporting valus-Solution

@DonDiego 

What's the signal strength of the sensor? (Device's Settings -> Device Info -> Signal Strength, tap the signal icon to show the RSSI rate.)

Try to relocate the sensor if the signal is weak. You may also try to restart the tapo hub. 

Signal Strength Reference

• Strong: more than -50 dBm
  • Good to Average: among -70 dBm to-50 dBm
  • Poor: less than -70 dBm

Note: the signal is too weak when it is less than -70dBm, and it is likely to cause disconnection problem.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

@DonDiego Thank you for answering. I don't think the signal is weak, but I moved the sensors to another hub, and it seems to have solved the problem. Still it is a bit of a mystery. Why a sudden problem after 6 months or so? Why 2 sensors exactly the same time (midnight). Why another incident after restaring, also at midnight? 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply

@DonDiego 

What's the signal strength of the sensor? (Device's Settings -> Device Info -> Signal Strength, tap the signal icon to show the RSSI rate.)

Try to relocate the sensor if the signal is weak. You may also try to restart the tapo hub. 

Signal Strength Reference

• Strong: more than -50 dBm
  • Good to Average: among -70 dBm to-50 dBm
  • Poor: less than -70 dBm

Note: the signal is too weak when it is less than -70dBm, and it is likely to cause disconnection problem.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

@DonDiego Thank you for answering. I don't think the signal is weak, but I moved the sensors to another hub, and it seems to have solved the problem. Still it is a bit of a mystery. Why a sudden problem after 6 months or so? Why 2 sensors exactly the same time (midnight). Why another incident after restaring, also at midnight? 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:T310 stops reporting valus
2 weeks ago

@DonDiego 

A network disturbance may cause the data upload to fail. Reconnecting the sensor restores the connection.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 67

Replies: 3

Related Articles