D230S1 trickle charge

D230S1 trickle charge

D230S1 trickle charge
D230S1 trickle charge
2024-06-09 16:55:53 - last edited 2024-06-13 02:05:48
Model: Tapo D230S1  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.15

As the wired D130 isn't availble yet in the UK yet, I took a chance on the battery powered D230S1doorbell for use on a holiday home. I didn't expect to get the claimed 6 month battery life but was hoping for nearer 10 weeks than the 6 which it looks like I'm getting. I bought a spare A100 battery so I can swap them over quickly without disturbing the guests, but there are times when I wont get down frequently enough to change it before it goes flat.

As the battery is the same as the one used in cameras which support the A200 solar panels, it should support being trickle charged while powering the doorbell. It might just be possible to get a small 90 degree micro USB connector for the battery in gap at the end of the case, then have the wire exit through a weather sealed hole in the backplate to a 5V USB supply. Any idea if this would work?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:D230S1 trickle charge-Solution
2024-06-12 10:14:13 - last edited 2024-06-13 02:05:48

@druck 

There isn't extra space for such modification. Even if you could find such a small accessory and a USB cable, we cannot tell or guarantee whether this would work.

The battery life of the camera is closely tied to its usage frequency, including how often it is awakened, the frequency of detection events, and the number of recordings. Take a look at the following articles, hope it will be helpful for you.

How to Extend the Battery Life of a Tapo Camera or Doorbell?

How to Install and Configure Battery-Powered Cameras for Optimal Detection Performance

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:D230S1 trickle charge-Solution
2024-06-12 10:14:13 - last edited 2024-06-13 02:05:48

@druck 

There isn't extra space for such modification. Even if you could find such a small accessory and a USB cable, we cannot tell or guarantee whether this would work.

The battery life of the camera is closely tied to its usage frequency, including how often it is awakened, the frequency of detection events, and the number of recordings. Take a look at the following articles, hope it will be helpful for you.

How to Extend the Battery Life of a Tapo Camera or Doorbell?

How to Install and Configure Battery-Powered Cameras for Optimal Detection Performance

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:D230S1 trickle charge
2024-06-12 10:44:08

@Wayne-TP 

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have already reduced the sensitivity of the motion dector following your guide, but as it is a holiday home there are often small children running around on the decking outside the door, and it can record up to 180 events a day.

What I really need is a mains powered unit, is therre a UK release date for the D130?

Options
Re:D230S1 trickle charge
2024-06-13 02:05:44

@druck 

As a forum moderator, we don't have much information about sales. 

But here are some tips about how you can check for product availability and where to purchase it:
1. Product availability: Check the local TP-Link website for the product model.
    1) If the model is listed, it's either already released or will be soon.
    2) If labeled as "Coming Soon", it indicates a planned release in this country/region.
    3) If not found, there are no near plans in short teams.
2. Where to Buy: Refer to the TP-Link authorized retailer list.
Note: Product inventory availability varies between retailers based on their sales plans for different models.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 255

Replies: 3

Related Articles