Tapo ios app keeps running in background

2024-06-15 11:12:18 - last edited 2024-06-15 11:16:15

Hello, for two days I see that the Tapo app is almost constantly running in the background once I open it in the morning. 

Note that ios background app refresh is already OFF. 

Any idea here?

File:
IMG_5884.jpegDownload
Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo ios app keeps running in background
2024-06-18 02:46:40

@andreibkn 

Which version of the Tapo App are you using?  What's the model and iOS version of your phone?

Did you quit the app (back to home screen or switch to use other apps) directly while watching the camera live feed?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-06-18 07:22:21

The fix was to disable entirely notifications in the app and in ios settings - notifications.

Options
2024-06-19 11:21:13

@andreibkn 

This situation doesn't seem related to the notification feature. Can you check the current version of your Tapo app?

The latest Tapo iOS App is version 3.4.504. If this issue still occurs on this version, please submit an app log in the app, our tech team can help to analyze it.

How to submit an App log on iOS device:

1. Go to APP > Me > Help&Feedback

2. Choose the product type > click the bottom Feedback button

3. On the Feedback page, add this thread's ID 672066 to the subject, and tick the "Send APP Logs" option

4. Send Feedback

Let me know once you sent it!

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 223

Replies: 3

Related Articles