Tapo P110M update for Matter 1.3

2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Tapo P110M  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

With the new matter 1.3 support being released containing support for energy monitoring devices like the P110M, when will we see the firmware update support for the new matter standard? I assume that it is planned.

The current matter firmware for the P110M doesn't account for the new 1.3 standard. The P110M being advertised as both an energy monitoring device and matter compatible, there's a huge gap here at the moment because without the new matter standard update; the P110M is just a smart relay.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo P110M update for Matter 1.3-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Cammm 

Thank you for your feedback. Adapting the product to the new Matter version takes time, and updates will be implemented gradually. Please stay tuned!

May I know which platform are you looking to connect the P110M to? Have they implemented Matter 1.3 for plug devices to support displaying energy data?

Compatibility is bidirectional. If the Matter platform you intend to use does not yet support this new standard, you may submit an inquiry or request to them as well.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo P110M update for Matter 1.3-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Cammm 

Thank you for your feedback. Adapting the product to the new Matter version takes time, and updates will be implemented gradually. Please stay tuned!

May I know which platform are you looking to connect the P110M to? Have they implemented Matter 1.3 for plug devices to support displaying energy data?

Compatibility is bidirectional. If the Matter platform you intend to use does not yet support this new standard, you may submit an inquiry or request to them as well.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Tapo P110M update for Matter 1.3
2 weeks ago

@Wayne-TP thanks, I'm integrating with home assistant which has matter 1.3 support now, so I am eagerly awaiting the new firmware.

Options
Re:Tapo P110M update for Matter 1.3
a week ago

I wanted to echo the sentiment on waiting for Matter 1.3. I've been awaiting 1.3 being published in May, Home Assistant now supports v1.3 so now its a case of waiting for devices themselves to start adopting the new standard.

I have one of the P110M at the moment, I am able to use energy monitoring in the app just to learn more about what devices consume the most energy. I'm excited to add that plug to Home Assistant. When I start seeing plugs on the market supporting energy monitoring over Matter, I'll be investing in a few of those for both myself and for my parents home! I'm hoping to build home automations for things like detecting when washing machines or dryers have completed and sending me a notification (or some other automation doing something more fun!). Alternatively, turning on appliances when energy costs are low since I was able to integrate my electricity unit price into Home Assistant.

In the meantime, I'll keep an eye on this thread and upvote the original post.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 220

Replies: 3

Related Articles