Is 12volts safe for the Tapo c520ws?

a week ago - last edited Tuesday
Model: Tapo C520WS  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello i bought a tapo C520ws, and figure out that its not poe compatable, but i have seen that people have been using splitters i, ive looked at this one and its 48volt to 12volt.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Is 12volts safe for the Tapo c520ws?-Solution

@Todaxtream 

Excessive input power poses considerable dangers to the product, perhaps causing faults or even complete hardware destruction.

We recommend sticking with the AC adapter or looking for a quality accessory that fits the product specs.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Is 12volts safe for the Tapo c520ws?
a week ago

i forgot to mention that the powersupply that came with it is only 9volts

Options
Re:Is 12volts safe for the Tapo c520ws?-Solution

@Todaxtream 

Excessive input power poses considerable dangers to the product, perhaps causing faults or even complete hardware destruction.

We recommend sticking with the AC adapter or looking for a quality accessory that fits the product specs.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Is 12volts safe for the Tapo c520ws?
Sunday

If you use the original power supply, I don't see anything wrong that could happen. Just don't mix up the cables. I use an adapter like that and it works great.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 84

Replies: 3

Related Articles