Tapo TP-Link L900-5 Smart LED Plastic Light Strip not connting to app
Tapo TP-Link L900-5 Smart LED Plastic Light Strip not connting to app
2024-06-27 14:21:51 - last edited 2024-07-02 03:18:24
Model: Tapo L900-5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Dear Tapo Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well.

I recently purchased the Tapo TP-Link L900-5 Smart LED from Amazon, and I'm excited to integrate it into my smart home setup. However, I'm experiencing significant difficulties getting the light to pair with the app, despite following the provided instructions meticulously.

Each attempt to connect the RGB light results in a "Pairing Failed" message. I have tried multiple times and ensured that my Wi-Fi and app settings align with the requirements, but the issue persists.

I am unable to diagnose the problem on my own and would greatly appreciate your assistance in resolving this issue promptly.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards, Hari

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo TP-Link L900-5 Smart LED Plastic Light Strip not connting to app-Solution
2024-07-02 03:18:20 - last edited 2024-07-02 03:18:24

@HK_Kahar 

Check whether the WiFi password is correct. You can verify it by forgetting this WiFi network on your phone and reconnect it by re-entering the password. 

If the WiFi is a combined network with both 2.4GHz and 5GHz, try disabling the 5GHz, or separate a 2.4GHz WiFi. 

Check the encryption type of the WiFi, if it is on WPA3, changt it to WPA2.

What router are you using? Do you use any network extension devices?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo TP-Link L900-5 Smart LED Plastic Light Strip not connting to app
2024-06-29 13:16:20
I have the exact same problem, it worked fine for 2 days after purchase but last night was showing offline and wouldn't connect. Tried add the L9000 device again but on the last step it just hangs on 'trying to pair'. Very annoyed and wasted too much time trying to solve via all the obvious solutions of factory reboot etc, but nothing works!
Options
Re:Tapo TP-Link L900-5 Smart LED Plastic Light Strip not connting to app-Solution
2024-07-02 03:18:20 - last edited 2024-07-02 03:18:24

@HK_Kahar 

Check whether the WiFi password is correct. You can verify it by forgetting this WiFi network on your phone and reconnect it by re-entering the password. 

If the WiFi is a combined network with both 2.4GHz and 5GHz, try disabling the 5GHz, or separate a 2.4GHz WiFi. 

Check the encryption type of the WiFi, if it is on WPA3, changt it to WPA2.

What router are you using? Do you use any network extension devices?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options