Votes

Tapo for Windows - This is absolutely essential

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Viewing Tapo C200 through Windows 10 PC. Please vote on the main thread.

Votes

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Viewing Tapo C200 through Windows 10 PC. Please vote on the main thread.
2024-07-08 07:00:02 - last edited 2024-07-09 03:47:41

Revisiting this because I still cannot believe we don't have access to view security cameras on a PC yet. 

There are a couple of methods currently available, which are not actual solutions. Using an android emulator, all of which come with catches or issues. You can also use Windows Subsystem for Android, which is being deprecated and through which I still can't access my cameras (they all claim network issues, despite having all permissions and other apps being able to access the network just fine). 

The short of it is, TP-Link needs to stop ignoring so many urgent requests from PAYING customers and give us native PC software to view our cameras. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo for Windows - This is absolutely essential
a week ago

Giftigdegen wrote

Revisiting this because I still cannot believe we don't have access to view security cameras on a PC yet. 

There are a couple of methods currently available, which are not actual solutions. Using an android emulator, all of which come with catches or issues. You can also use Windows Subsystem for Android, which is being deprecated and through which I still can't access my cameras (they all claim network issues, despite having all permissions and other apps being able to access the network just fine). 

The short of it is, TP-Link needs to stop ignoring so many urgent requests from PAYING customers and give us native PC software to view our cameras. 

Giftigdegen wrote

@Giftigdegen 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 267

Replies: 1