HS-200 wifi smart switch won't connect to Kasa

2024-07-15 02:31:11 - last edited 2024-07-16 07:16:51
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I'm not sure of the hardware or firmware version, it's the the same tip link Kasa hs200 wifi smart switch I have all over the house.  There was one switch I didn't think I was going to change out, but I decided why not.  I had an extra one.  So I put it in.  I have power, I have the flashing orange and green light, I open Kasa, and try to connect it, and it wont.  I have reset it, I made sure I was on the 2.4.  It just wont connect.  I have 3 others in my one bedroom apt, they all fired up just fine.  this one wont connect.  Is it possible for it to control the light as a normal switch would (it does) and give me the flashing orange and blue, but not connect to Kasa?  The box itself was kind of a cluster, the wire that was on the ground screw of the switch that was in there (my place was built 3 years ago) was a bare copper wire.  There was another bare copper wire with a green wire with a wire nut on it that had a label that said ground.  The bare copper that was connected to the ground with a nut on it had white paint on part of it, so... I connected the ground to the bare copper that was connected to the ground of the other switch to the ground on the TP switch.  Then the bare copper wire with the white paint on part of it I connected to the neutral line.  Everything works, it just wont connect.  Before I go back in there and disconnect everything,  would those wires being one off change the ability to setup?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:HS-200 wifi smart switch won't connect to Kasa-Solution
2024-07-16 07:16:00 - last edited 2024-07-16 07:16:51

@TopCatterson 

Refer to the suggestions here if you fail to configure the switch in the Kasa App. What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

Click here to double-check the wiring. If you are not sure what a particular wire in the circuit is, please consult a professional electrician.

How to install HS200 to your electrical line

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:HS-200 wifi smart switch won't connect to Kasa-Solution
2024-07-16 07:16:00 - last edited 2024-07-16 07:16:51

@TopCatterson 

Refer to the suggestions here if you fail to configure the switch in the Kasa App. What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

Click here to double-check the wiring. If you are not sure what a particular wire in the circuit is, please consult a professional electrician.

How to install HS200 to your electrical line

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 217

Replies: 1

Related Articles