Compatibility of L930 light strips and controllers between boxes

2024-08-05 17:26:18 - last edited a week ago
Model: Tapo L930-10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I bought a set of the L930-10 lights during a sale, and got one of the 2x5m strips working perfectly. However, after installing I realised that the second strip would not work where I intended, so I now have a single strip that cannot be used. 

My question is, would I be able to buy a set of L930-5 lights, and use that box's single controller where the light is currently installed, and then use the new strip, along with my spare strip, somewhere else using the multi-controller from the L930-10? Are the light strips the same and interchangeable to that degree? 

I emailed support, but they simply sent me a link the general product FAQ, which tells me nothing. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Compatibility of L930 light strips and controllers between boxes-Solution
2024-08-08 02:29:21 - last edited a week ago

@CB9 

As I understand, the light strip connector is the same on both models so the strips can be connected to the controller of either model.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Compatibility of L930 light strips and controllers between boxes-Solution
2024-08-08 02:29:21 - last edited a week ago

@CB9 

As I understand, the light strip connector is the same on both models so the strips can be connected to the controller of either model.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 146

Replies: 1

Related Articles