Doorbell Video Call Options For iOS Devices

Doorbell Video Call Options For iOS Devices

26 Reply
Re:Doorbell Video Call Options For iOS Devices
3 weeks ago

@Wayne-TP  Is there an update coming in the future to cancel the ringing? If I answer the door, my phone still keeps ringing and thew only option is to answer. There's no "Decline".

I like the calling option but I just need to be able to decline the call should it be pressed in error or I answer the door as I am close at the time.

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Wayne-TP 

My android doesn't still receive ringcalls when someone rings my D130 doorbell when the app is closed.It only rings when the app is open. I only get a notification when the app is closed and. All my settings are correct and are as per the troubleshooting article. I see that this fix from early in the month applies to both D130 and D230 but my D130 still has this issue. Please help

Options
3 weeks ago

MrWilks wrote

@Wayne-TP  Is there an update coming in the future to cancel the ringing? If I answer the door, my phone still keeps ringing and thew only option is to answer. There's no "Decline".

I like the calling option but I just need to be able to decline the call should it be pressed in error or I answer the door as I am close at the time.

@MrWilks 

The doorbell video call works the same way as an incoming phone call on an iPhone. If you haven't noticed yet, there is no hang up option for incoming phone calls on the iPhone when the phone is on the lock screen.

To hang up a phone call or doorbell video call, double tap the iPhone's power button.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
3 weeks ago

kingster wrote

@Wayne-TP 

My android doesn't still receive ringcalls when someone rings my D130 doorbell when the app is closed.It only rings when the app is open. I only get a notification when the app is closed and. All my settings are correct and are as per the troubleshooting article. I see that this fix from early in the month applies to both D130 and D230 but my D130 still has this issue. Please help

@kingster 

Check whether the Doorbell Video Call feature is enabled on the DL130.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
3 weeks ago

@Wayne-TP   yes ,all settings are as required. PFA

File:
Screenshot_20240826-124032.pngDownload
Options
3 weeks ago

Thank you @Wayne-TP 

I have not noticed there was no reject call when the screen is locked in the standard iPhone interface. I learned something new today!

im glad you told me how to reject it. Maybe in the user guide could be an entry to explain. I came from Ring where the calling was all done inside the app. 

kind regards,

Options
2 weeks ago

@Wayne-TP 

any indication when this beta feature will make GA?   
 This is far and away one of the best updates to IOS app.

i have now got the 2 apps on 4 devices (wife and my phones and iPads).  I'm about to remove the main app to reduce the number of notifications but concerned that I may end up causing problems running a beta app especially on the wife's devices.

Options
a week ago

@Bloodygoodbloke I've been running the beta for a while and removed the app store version. Some bugs but mostly working as designed. I would not worry about removing the original app and getting rid of the old until they figure out a way to have the doorbell setting in the public version.

Options
a week ago

@Wayne-TP another customer lost, it's so annoying g when I am trying to work. I got the camera so I didn't have to be disturbed whilst working

will replace the cameras and plugs as well as you never know they might want to turn my plugs on for me when the door bell rings

Options
Sunday - last edited Sunday

@Neil-b 

I've just updated the app. Appears to have finally been fixed

Options