Shared User Configuration

2024-08-22 13:28:07 - last edited 2024-08-30 03:11:29
Model: Tapo D230S1  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.16

Hi. I have added my wife as a shared user to my account. She has an iPhone 15 running IOS 17.5.1. Notification are turned on in the Tapo app & are allowed in the phone setting. When the doorbell rings her phone rings as if it's a standard phone call. It doesn't stop ringing until she declines the call. On my phone,  a Samsung Galaxy S21 FE running Android 14, I get a doorbell chime which rings only once, similar to the doorbell. She cannot alter any settings in her Tapo app as she is a shared user. Can anyone help advise please?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Shared User Configuration-Solution
2024-08-23 09:23:41 - last edited 2024-08-30 03:11:29

@JD417 

Doorbell video calls are the same as normal phone calls. If no one answers the call for a period of time, it will automatically hang up. Is the video call on this iPhone never stop? Please provide a video if possible.

If you need to disable doorbell video call on a shared device, you can do it by disabling device notification in Tapo App -> Me -> Notification -> Device Notifications --Management.

Note: This will turn off all types of notifications.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Shared User Configuration-Solution
2024-08-23 09:23:41 - last edited 2024-08-30 03:11:29

@JD417 

Doorbell video calls are the same as normal phone calls. If no one answers the call for a period of time, it will automatically hang up. Is the video call on this iPhone never stop? Please provide a video if possible.

If you need to disable doorbell video call on a shared device, you can do it by disabling device notification in Tapo App -> Me -> Notification -> Device Notifications --Management.

Note: This will turn off all types of notifications.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 91

Replies: 1

Related Articles