C425 Daily battery drain

C425 Daily battery drain

C425 Daily battery drain
C425 Daily battery drain
2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Tapo C425  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.18

I have my c425 for about a month, it is connected through a Xiaomi WiFi extender pro, the camera is located on my back garden, I always have my camera on privacy mode, only use it while out, since it's a backyard on a rural area, there is no people, cars, only trees moving with the wind, I have movement detection disabled because of this. I have a daily battery drain of about 5% every single day, important to notice, I switch internet off every night and switch it back on in the morning. Signal strength is good. I already ordered a solar panel in the hope it solves the issue, at this pace I have to charge the camera every two weeks, way far from the alleged 300 day battery life.

I also have a d230s1 doorbell camera, I have multiple detections of people and car passing by and battery life has being great.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:C425 Daily battery drain -Solution

@Filipe55 

The moving trees will continuously wake up the camera and cause the battery to drain. Adjust camera angle to avoid this situation.

More information about How to Install and Configure Battery-Powered Cameras for Optimal Detection Performance

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:C425 Daily battery drain -Solution

@Filipe55 

The moving trees will continuously wake up the camera and cause the battery to drain. Adjust camera angle to avoid this situation.

More information about How to Install and Configure Battery-Powered Cameras for Optimal Detection Performance

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:C425 Daily battery drain
2 weeks ago
Hi, Even if the camera is always in privacy mode it wakes up? if so, there is no solution for this problem, no angle adjustment will avoid a backyard full of moving trees.
Options
Re:C425 Daily battery drain
2 weeks ago

@Filipe55 

The camera will not be woken up in privacy mode. If the camera is in non-privacy mode most of the time, moving trees will continue to wake up the camera and increase battery consumption.

Do you use this range extender? https://www.mi.com/global/product/mi-wifi-range-extender-pro/

What's the model of your router?

This problem might be a WiFi issue. Please try to do a test to see if the camera battery consumption changes.

Note: Take some screenshots of the current C425 Battery Status page (Camera device page -> Camera Device Settings -> Battery Status) for comparison.

1. Bring camera within the router's signal range.

2. Reset C425 and connect it to router WiFi.

3. Turn on privacy for half a day or a whole day.

4. Recheck the battery status info. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 115

Replies: 3

Related Articles