Connecting doorbell without router

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

I bought the Tapo doorbell with hub for my mother who.lives in a senior residence. There is no router to plug the hub in, internet is centralized. Is there a way to use the doorbell without the hub, or use the hub if only wifi is available ?

Thanks !

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Connecting doorbell without router-Solution

@PierreT5 

Is the internet a portal WiFi that requires additional login verification? For example, after connecting to WiFi, a verification page will pop up automatically, and you can only use it after entering the relevant verification information.

What is the model of your doorbell? If the doorbell is sold as part of a bundle, for example, a Tapo D230S1 KIT, the hub is required, it cannot connect router directly. Tapo H200 offers two types of connections: ethernet (needed during the configuration step) and 2.4GHz WiFi. However, Tapo devices do not support portal or open WiFi.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Connecting doorbell without router-Solution

@PierreT5 

Is the internet a portal WiFi that requires additional login verification? For example, after connecting to WiFi, a verification page will pop up automatically, and you can only use it after entering the relevant verification information.

What is the model of your doorbell? If the doorbell is sold as part of a bundle, for example, a Tapo D230S1 KIT, the hub is required, it cannot connect router directly. Tapo H200 offers two types of connections: ethernet (needed during the configuration step) and 2.4GHz WiFi. However, Tapo devices do not support portal or open WiFi.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Connecting doorbell without router

@Wayne-TP 

You just connect to the WIFI as usual. She has a dedicated username/password to login, but nothing physical inside her unit to connect the ethernet cable.

The model of the doorbell is D230S1, with the H200 hub. 

Don't know if there's something that could be bought and installed that could be used to relay the signal, and where I could plug the cable... Something like the TP-Link AC1200 Wi-Fi extender maybe ?

Sorry if I sound like I do not know much about these things, but I don't frown

Options
Re:Connecting doorbell without router
3 weeks ago

@PierreT5 

That's a portal WiFi. As far as I know, the authentication methods used by public Wi-Fi vary in different locations, and no network device can guarantee 100% connectivity to the portal Wi-Fi in your area for network extension. It is recommended that you consult the support team of the networking product for further confirmation.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 128

Replies: 3

Related Articles