S210 on off automation not triggering from remote activation

2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Tapo S210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.9.0

I have an automation that fires when a Tapo S210 is switched on (switch something else on as well) which works fine if you press the switch, however I also have another automation that switches on the S210 if the temperature drops and in this case the "switch on" automation does not fire. Is this by design or a bug?

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:S210 on off automation not triggering from remote activation-Solution
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Wayne-TP As if by magic... There was a firmware update to the button, switch and plug this morning... And now it all works!

Please thank whoever fixed the bug and give a kick to the test team for not spotting it ;)

Recommended Solution
Options
Wednesday - last edited Wednesday

@Charliepsycho 

Update

Through analysis, the cause of this issue has been identified as occurring on the S210 or S220 connected to Tapo H100 V1 1.5.16. The relevant fix will be included in the next firmware update.

More details on Solution - Tapo S210/S220 Schedule Stop Working

Related Article

What to do if schedule/timer/away mode not working properly for Tapo Plug/Switch/Bulb/Light Strip

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:S210 on off automation not triggering from remote activation
2 weeks ago

@Charliepsycho 

The changed value must cross the set threshold to activate the automation. Please observe the temperature or humidity changes of your sensor to see if the trigger conditions are met.

More information on Smart Action: T310/T315 Temperature or Humidity Automation Doesn't Take Effect

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2 weeks ago

@Wayne-TP I've cheated and taken the temperature condition off, so that the automation should just fire when the switch comes on. It does if you manually push the button or click it in the app, but if another automation sets it off (say a timer) then the subsequent "on" trigger does not happen. Looks like a bug to me! 

Options
a week ago

@Charliepsycho 

Can you share your automation settings here? 

Options
a week ago

@Wayne-TP  Hiya, what settings would you like?

I could set up a test switch to see if I can replicate the behavior.

Options
a week ago

@Wayne-TP OK, These tests show that down-stream triggers/actions do not happen on the S210 using the on/off trigger

This is only a test scenario to demonstrate that downstream triggers do not occur, I can obviously bypass the switch to achieve the P110 changing, in reality I have 2 or three things hanging off the switch (outside lights from smart plugs, solenoids on S210 & indicators and smart bulbs.) The Switch acts as an agregator for the actions and gives a physical overide.

Test scenario:

Smart Button S200b, Smart Switch S210, Smart Plug P110

Automations:

1. When S210 is switched on -> Switch On P110
  2. When S210 is switched off -> Switch Off P110
  3. When S200B is tapped -> Toggle S210 on/off
  4. Switch Automation: 14:00 -> Switch on S210 
  5. Switch Automation: 14:05 -> Switch off S210 
  6. Schedule Automation: 15:00 -> Switch on S210
  7. Schedule Automation: 15:05 -> Switch off S210

Action/results:

Turn S210 on in app -> S210 on & P110  On (OK)

Turn S210 off in app -> S210 on & P110  Off (OK)

Press S210 on Physically -> S210 on & P110 On (OK)

Press S210 off Physically -> S210 off & P110 Off (OK)

Time =1400 -> S210 on & P110 on (OK)

Time = 14:05 -> S210 off & P110 off (OK)

Time = 15:00 -> S210 on & P110 no change (BAD) - 1 did not trigger

Time = 15:05 -> S210 off & P110 no change (BAD) - 2 did not trigger

Tap S200B -> S210 toggle to on/off & P110 No Change (BAD) - neither 1 or 2 triggers

Options
a week ago
Having looked at more forum posts, it appears that Alexa will fire all the automations as well, but the button or other automations do not trigger the Switch "On" routine.
Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Wayne-TP As if by magic... There was a firmware update to the button, switch and plug this morning... And now it all works!

Please thank whoever fixed the bug and give a kick to the test team for not spotting it ;)

Recommended Solution
Options
Wednesday - last edited Wednesday

@Charliepsycho 

Update

Through analysis, the cause of this issue has been identified as occurring on the S210 or S220 connected to Tapo H100 V1 1.5.16. The relevant fix will be included in the next firmware update.

More details on Solution - Tapo S210/S220 Schedule Stop Working

Related Article

What to do if schedule/timer/away mode not working properly for Tapo Plug/Switch/Bulb/Light Strip

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 154

Replies: 8

Related Articles