Editing doorbell announcements on Alexa Show

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Tapo D230S1  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a Tapo D230 doorbell that automatically linked to my Alexa Show when I set it up, which is great. The only issue is that when someone rings the doorbell, Alexa plays a doorbell sound and displays the camera feed - which is exactly what I want - but then goes on to announce "Somebody is at the doorbell underscore Tapo underscore 1F1F".

Is there any way I can change this so that it either doesn't say anything, or just says "Somebody is at the door"?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Editing doorbell announcements on Alexa Show
2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago

@DuncanKent 

The device name in the Alexa doorbell announcement cannot be customized.

To disable the Alexa notification, go to doorbell's device settings in the Alexa App, turn off "Doorbell Press Notification".

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2 weeks ago

@Wayne-TP 

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it's already simply named as "Doorbell" in the Alexa app.

Options
2 weeks ago

@DuncanKent 

The renaming may not be successful. Try to do this in the Tapo App, then return to the Alexa App, re-discover devices and confirm whether the new name is synchronized. Then do the test again.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2 weeks ago

@Wayne-TP 

Thanks for continuing to help. Unfortunately it's still making the same announcements. These are my settings in the Alexa app and the Tapo app.

I'm not sure what else I can change.

Options
a week ago

@DuncanKent 

We have further confirmed that the device name in the Alexa doorbell announcement cannot be customized at this time.

Options