Blurred night vision

Blurred night vision
Blurred night vision
a week ago - last edited Monday
Model: Tapo C500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.4

Hi all.

Yesterday evening, after a heavy storm and in the presence of high humidity, I observed the movement of small fog-like particles that disturb the vision.

The video camera is located outside, sheltered under a roof and not exposed to rain.

I clarify that last night there was absolutely no fog and that the cloudiness that can be seen in the video is not due to phenomena visible to the eye.

Here you can see the video

1drv.ms/v/s!Asw5LZM9Klkkjp4Dy84ted_qODsCrQ?e=vFaQow

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Blurred night vision-Solution
Monday - last edited Monday

@PaRi53 

Given the current situation, it seems that this phenomenon is likely caused by moisture. This is a common physical occurrence in humid environments or when the temperature is low, leading to a temperature difference (as the camera generates heat during operation).

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Blurred night vision
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@PaRi53 

This looks like a shadow created by flying insects. Please observe this during the day, or switch the camera to day mode and see if it still happens.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
a week ago

@Wayne-TP 

Thanks for the reply.
I can rule out that they are flying insects, because I went near the camera and they were not there. I tried to turn off the night vision and the disturbance disappeared, as if it depended on the infrared lighting.

Options
a week ago

@PaRi53 

Please try to rotate the camera and see if the blurs follow the rotation (are they fixed)?

Options
a week ago

@Wayne-TP 

No, the "particles" are not fixed

Options
Friday

@PaRi53 

Can you take a picture of the camera? Check if it is water vapor.

Options
Saturday

@Wayne-TP 

Now I don't live in the mountain house where the camera is installed and then the disturbance occurs only sometimes when it rains and now the vision is perfect.

Options
Re:Blurred night vision-Solution
Monday - last edited Monday

@PaRi53 

Given the current situation, it seems that this phenomenon is likely caused by moisture. This is a common physical occurrence in humid environments or when the temperature is low, leading to a temperature difference (as the camera generates heat during operation).

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 86

Replies: 7

Related Articles