Doorbell video call and notifications D230

Friday
Model: Tapo D230S1  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.17

The video call function is way too flakey so I've given up on it and turned it off.  Eventually got it working but then it just stopped, Then it would work sometimes.  Now it won't work at all.  Inconsistent behaviour even though all settings were set correct and not altered since it worked successfully.

I'm quite happy just to have my phone alert me when the doorbell is pressed via the push notification instead of a hit and miss video call but there is now a bug where a second notification arrives for a missed doorbell ring and the first notification is deleted (they have different time stamps so why the first one disappears is a mystery.  I say it's a bug because the first notification stating "someone pressed the doorbell" is subsequently deleted and replaced by a second one a minute later stating "you have missed doorbell ring" .  I got the doorbell ring notification successfully and I answered the door plus the video call function is disabled therefore there is no missed call.  Can a bug fix be applied to the next firmware update so I can receive a correct single notifiction that my doorbell has been pressed immediately and not a second delayed missed doorbell press message that removes the correct time of the first notification please?

I've also noticed regular 'the network is unstable please try later' messages when trying to play the clip from the SD card.  Can this be fixed too please?  Connection strength between doorbell and hub and hub and router are all consistently very good so the underlying cause is not network stability.

I'm building my Tapo collection steadily and I now have 5 cameras and 6 plugs and looking at light switches and bulbs next.  The doorbell is the flakiest product I have from the range so far so hopefully it can be improved upon with firmware updates.

Thanks in anticipation.

Options