Votes

TAPO app - Chromebook

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Viewing Tapo C200 through Windows 10 PC. Please vote on the main thread.

Votes

TAPO app - Chromebook

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Viewing Tapo C200 through Windows 10 PC. Please vote on the main thread.
TAPO app - Chromebook
TAPO app - Chromebook
Thursday - last edited Monday
Tags: #Chromebook

Please make it possible to use the android Tapo app on Chromebook. I was able to run the Tapo beta on my Chromebook about one year ago (I guess) but later when the app was updated it stopt working. Most android apps work on Chromebook so why not enable the Tapo app?

Options
3 Reply
Re:TAPO app - Chromebook
Monday

@Zmu 

Tapo App is available on Android and iOS mobile devices only, PC version is not supported so far.

Your post will be merged to this feature request post, you may vote for it and share your comments there. Viewing Tapo C200 through Windows 10 PC

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
22 hours ago

@Wayne-TP  Thank you,

What i meant was that sinse Cromebook can run a lot of android apps why not enable the Tapo app so it also can be used. The Tapo beta app worked fine on my Chromebook but is no longer availabel for my device so there seems to be no real technical problem? 

/Thomas

Options
7 hours ago

@Zmu 

Although Chromebooks promote the use of a full Android framework that allows mobile and tablet apps to run on them, various compatibility issues still exist in practice.

Since the Tapo App does not have a PC version, we are unable to explain any related anomalies or provide support services in regard of this situation.

To use the Tapo app on PC, consider utilizing some Android emulator apps. E.g. Stream Tapo Camera on PC through Andriod Emulator : LDPlay4 vs Bluestacks

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 37

Replies: 3

Tags

Chromebook