Votes

Export data to CSV (or other format)

Friday - last edited Friday
Model: Tapo P110M  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've got a feeling we'll never get a proper Windows app to monitor and control our devices, but what would REALLY help, especially in the energy usage/monitoring department, is to be able to export the data to a CSV format (from our mobile devices).

I'm a massive excel/data nerd, so gimme the plot points. ;)

Options
2 Reply
Re:Export data to CSV (or other format)
Sunday

@MartinS13X 

Could you please clarify your requirements for this feature? Are you looking for a CSV file or another format (such as?) for the data table? And why would you like to have this format?

Or are you interested in having the data table include additional information (such as?)?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Export data to CSV (or other format)
Sunday - last edited Sunday

@Wayne-TP 

I prefer CSV format, because they are really easy to work with (wide compatibility) and I think also easy to generate/export.

As they are simple text based documents, they're pretty small too.

The only "smart" devices I have currently are TP110M smartplugs.

I would like to monitor my connected (plugged in) devices and their power usage over a longer period of time.

Discover trends, possibly find hidden users, combine it with the power bill.

There aren't a lot of metrics to get from the plugs.

Time, Date and Power usage.... that's about the bare minimum I think.

I'm not sure if possible, but a trigger reason (turn off/on) would be cool too. (timer, power protection, charge guard etc).

Don't know if the app actually logs these events.

Like I said, I'm just a missive excel/data nerd, so if I can make it into a graph I'll be happy :P

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 50

Replies: 2

Voters 1