nc200 with ispy program

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

nc200 with ispy program

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
27 Reply
Re:nc200 with ispy program
2016-01-11 22:25:01
Hi Warley!
Just avoid TP-Link brand ... for everything!
Personally, I threw out all TP-Link and I'm happy with my new Asus router, D-Link IP cameras and Synology NAS :)
Options
2016-04-14 22:15:18
I scanned this Post from the first thread to Install the TPLINK NC200 with Ispy using the VLC method. But it seemed that the ANSWERS were not completely Visible. Something had cut the URL shorter than it was originally typed. I tried the URL with the VLC camera setup on ISpy but it did not work. I have emailed TPLINK support but do not expect a working solution considering someone here mentions the nc200 hardly works with ISPY. So if anyone can paste what link I should use to get the camera video feed that would be nice. I have logged into the camera from ie and used the password admin with that also as the username and I did see the Video but I need to set this up with ispy. I had this camera shipped from an internet store so I cant return it and need the ISPY VIDEO LINK. I don't care about the audio. The NC200 does seem brighter picture than my Dlink 930, unless its just that it is a Sunny Day here.
My camera
Ip Is 192.168.100.104

Do I also need to install the vlc plugin, I don't know that I have that.
Options
Correct Answer
2016-04-15 02:58:21

gergeske wrote

Hi! I've just done with nc200. After 3 days searching trough the internet.
here is how i done it.
1: Add IP Camera
2: Select VLC Plugin
3: VLC url: http://admin:YWRtaW4=@192.168.1.101:8080/stream/getvideo /obviusly the ip address of yours
4:click OK
5: tada!!! working!

Good Luck!

April 2016 and this answer from gergeske worked on the nc200. I don't know how that password worked with my camera. ywrtaw4. But I copied and pasted your link to the vlc plugin of ispy and my camera was streaming in Ispy immediately. I cant lose that password you wrote because it did not come with the instructions. Also in order to see your Above Post I had to log into tplink forum to see the whole answer . otherwise it was short formed. So to all that say your answer doesn't work on new nc200 , check again.
Options
2016-05-14 06:14:17

oldendays wrote

April 2016 and this answer from gergeske worked on the nc200. I don't know how that password worked with my camera. ywrtaw4. But I copied and pasted your link to the vlc plugin of ispy and my camera was streaming in Ispy immediately. I cant lose that password you wrote because it did not come with the instructions. Also in order to see your Above Post I had to log into tplink forum to see the whole answer . otherwise it was short formed. So to all that say your answer doesn't work on new nc200 , check again.

One month later and this fix is still working,
The problem is that the Tplink nc200 disconnects and does not reconnect.
So i often check the Screen and find a Camera that is off and i have to physically click the getstreamsize button to get the Video Feed Back. Next to where you paste the VLC url that is the main topic of this thread.

Does anyone know of a Command Line Parameter that i can add that would regain the Video Signal in the situation i just mentioned?
I dont know anything about this VLC Plugin, and need a quickfix from someone.

I had the reconnect box checkmarked under advanced options but that did not correct the problem.
It still disconnects and does not reconnect.
Options
2016-06-14 20:28:27
Since i have had this camera working with the VLC plugin as Described, ive noticed the Camera is totally losing frames by freezing and also just skipping frames to the point the camera would miss everything.
I have to replace this Camera , but the DLINK 930 and 932l are so poor in Video quality compared to the TPLINK.
I dont know what similar camera to buy because dlink is poor video quality.
Options
Working.
2016-12-09 16:11:25
I've managed to get NC200 to work in matter of minutes.

Here's what I did in iSpy, on Windows 10 Pro x64:
New -> IP Camera
[*]VLC plugin tab

[*]Video URL: http://admin:YWRtaW4%3D@YOUR_CAMERA_IP:8080/stream/getvideo
[*]if you need audio also: http://admin:YWRtaW4%3D@YOUR_CAMERA_IP:8080/stream/getaudio

Then the rest of the settings are your preferences. Worked for me, I'm getting image and audio OK, set to 25fps with motion recording only. :)

P.S. - if you haven't noticed, the password in the link was suppose to be " admin" in Base64, which is " YWRtaW4=", but for some reason iSpy transforms it to " YWRtaW4%3D", and it only works this way.
So if you have any other password other than admin, encode it in Base64, then replace the last "=" character to "%3D" and it should work.

Good luck.

BR
Dan.
Options
2018-05-15 00:01:16
May 2018 and this didn`t work.

If someone got how to make this work on the latest firmware please help me.
Options
Related Articles