A few "very frustrating" issues about my brand new NC220s

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-04-27 00:15:18
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've purchased around 10 NC 220's for a full house security. Here are some issues I'm facing with:

1. in the case of a modem reset, 220's do not auto-connect back to the wifi. I basically need to turn them all off, and back on, physically, to let them connect back to the wifi. This makes the whole system pointless as when the electricity is gone the system simply fails to go back online. Very frustrating.

2. I would like to use my nc220's with ispy software, as, the current tplinkcloud does not allow me to see all cameras at once. However, I can not find any official documentation about the video stream url (with sound). This is an ip camera after all, I believe there needs to be better documentation on how to reach certain streams. I've found a github page that explains a manually discovered structure of camera stream system but most of the links given fail to work. Moreover, as a customer, I do not want to dig for the manual of the product. Very frustrating.

3. Overall, the devices are solid and well designed, but the software is ridiculously bad. Forcing users to use an old internet explorer to reach the full functionality of the devices, is the most ridiculous thing I've ever faced with, as a tech geek/user. I believe this needs to be fixed. Very frustrating

Overall, these are my issues. All, very frustrating. I like the devices, but I need to find solutions for these. Unless I do, I'm still in the refund stage for the products I purchased, I'll have to give them all back and continue with another brand in the same price range.

I'm a bit pissed off to tp-link as even registering to this forum was quite impossible, I never managed to get a proper activation link till I created many emails and made many registrations, until one of them finally worked. You guys really need to check your systems.

Waiting for replies.
Options
1 Reply
Re:A few "very frustrating" issues about my brand new NC220s
2016-05-05 10:38:39
You could try the camera control tools. you can download it in official website.
BTW, the video stream URL is
rtsp://ip/h264_vga.sdp
rtsp://ip/mjpeg_vga.sdp
rtsp://ip/h264_qvga.sdp
default Username and Password is admin
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 374

Replies: 1