Tp camera application keep asking password for NC450.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-18 11:27:41
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

TPcamera application for Android keeps asking for password when attempting to view the camera. Apparently this started happening after an application update. This way the camera is completely useless.

I would like to know if there is a solution, unfortunately I need one before my 7 days return policy expires, I cannot wait over 48 hours.

I tried already to contact your support by email but I did not receive any answer.

This is a common issue, in Google Play I can see several users experiencing the same problem: You can check Google Play page for your application and read all the complaints about this issue, so it's not just a local setting or my particular hardware problem.

Thanks.
Options
11 Reply
Re:Tp camera application keep asking password for NC450.
2016-12-20 11:12:23
Password changing function is a new function added in tpCamera V2.3.11, mainly to protect your smart camera from being controlled by hackers. ( Ammerican DDOS Event in October remind us to improve network security awareness of our customer) So we added password change function when you configure your cloud camera.
The password you need to input is the camera management password(as the same as you login the camera management website). But this prompt in video viewing page isn't friendly for customer, we will release a new tpCamera version to optimaze this problem.
If you'd like to, It's very kind of you to help us test the new tpCamera version.
Options
2016-12-20 11:57:35

iverson.song wrote

Password changing function is a new function added in tpCamera V2.3.11, mainly to protect your smart camera from being controlled by hackers. ( Ammerican DDOS Event in October remind us to improve network security awareness of our customer) So we added password change function when you configure your cloud camera.
The password you need to input is the camera management password(as the same as you login the camera management website). But this prompt in video viewing page isn't friendly for customer, we will release a new tpCamera version to optimaze this problem.
If you'd like to, It's very kind of you to help us test the new tpCamera version.

The error appears only when connecting to wi-fi, but it works fine on mobile data connection.

I took a video showing the problem, you can watch it here: https://youtu.be/V8BZhwNNjUw

Options
2016-12-20 17:06:14
This problem happens just when connected to wi-fi not with mobile data, please check the video I made here:

https://youtu.be/kX9XbjpcGjY
Options
2016-12-31 03:37:27
I have the same Problem with my applications (after updating to the new apps). This error is valid for my Android tablet and my iPhone.
The error only applies to WiFi as described. 3G / mobile data is working fine.
Is there already a solution ?
Options
2016-12-31 16:21:07
yes, TPLINK released a new version of the app that fixed the problem.
Options
2017-01-02 03:56:15
still the same Problem, after updating to the new Version. application is continuesly asking for the Password and is not accepting the Password (message is invalid Password, but the Password is correct)
Options
2017-01-03 10:36:48
there have been 3 updates, the last was yesterday. It works fine with my system now but I had to:

1. delete and re-add the camera
2. stop forwarding port 80 (the camera default port)
Options
Password incorrect but during WiFi connection
2017-04-23 23:05:21
Hi everyone,
unfortunately I get ask permanently for the password whereby the user name is admin.
The camera is connected but the system whant the admin password.
At Mobil it works ok, only problem on my surface with Windows10
BR
Kurt
Options
2017-04-24 21:42:44
Well the new upgrade of nc450 is full of bugs it has issues like cameras doesn’t open and ask for password as well. my whole work is on android but I can’t work because it keeps asking the password I was working on issues http://www.writing-victors.co.uk/ but I couldn’t now as the mobile data doesn’t work I have tried it with my apple ipad but I am still getting the same password problem. If anyone know of it that how to fix it then do tell here.
Options
Problems with Net cam from TP-Link
2017-04-25 17:29:14
I think the best is to buy never again a webcam from TP Link, better is to buy from DLink. I never had any problem.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1780

Replies: 11