NC450 V2 - If you have Wi-Fi connectivity issues please read

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-02-19 15:07:50
Model : NC450

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 1.1.6

ISP :

I have confirmed after testing on 2 different NC450 V2 cameras that there is are Wi-Fi connectivity issues with this camera depending on firmware level.

1. If you have firmware level 1.1.1 don't upgrade to 1.1.2 or 1.1.6. I found that the camera does work most of the time on this firmware level on Wi-Fi. It's not perfect as it still does drop or freeze the network connection on occasion. The higher firmware levels seems very sensitive to the Wi-Fi signal strength level. I found that you need at lease 85% or more signal for the camera not to drop the connection and freeze. The dropped connection is so bad that you can't even ping the camera.
2. If you can use the wired Ethernet connection on the camera it is the most stable setup without any issues. Obviously it isn't a convenient setup to run wires around.
3. Set the channel of your Wi-Fi access point (or router) to a static channel and not use the "Auto" setting. I found channel 2 gave me the strongest signal but it might be different with your network.
4. Set the router Channel Width from Auto to either 20 Mhz or 40 Mhz. I found 40 Mhz was the most stable for me. Changing this setting did drop my signal strength about 5% but the signal is much more stable and less vulnerable to interference.
5. You router might have a setting change the transmit power from low - medium - high. Set it to the higher level if required.
6. Position your camera to get the strongest signal. Even moving it a few inches can change the signal strength 3-5%.
7. If your router/access point has external antennas reposition the angles on them to maximize the signal. 3-5% increase can be found
8. If you have a longer Wi-Fi antenna available use it to replace the original one on the camera with it. Most Wi-Fi antennas come with a standardize connector.

After I discovered setting Channel Width to 40 Mhz my camera was much more stable and I can leave it on a live video on without as much freezing. The connection drops still happen but much less often and recovering the connection is actually possible now.

Hopefully someone from TP-Link will look into this issue and possibly fix it with another firmware update. Unless that the problem is actually with the hardware Wi-Fi card on the camera. Requiring the minimal Wi-Fi signal to be over 80-85% shouldn't be required for proper operation or drop the network signal so easily. I've used IP cameras from many different vendors and they don't have any connectivity issues because of low signal strength.
Options
7 Reply
Re:NC450 V2 - If you have Wi-Fi connectivity issues please read
2017-02-26 06:09:11
Hello, i have the same model, But i have problems when i try to use the microfon in the Android apk, when i am on the same network it works But when i try outside the network it doesnt.
Options
2018-03-05 14:00:48
Having a hard tim connecting NC450 to router. Apparently when i press WPS button on router then on camera, the NC450 flashing green light always turns to red instead of a steady green one. HELP?!?
Options
Still with new problems
2018-03-06 00:09:21
Now i have my firmware updated , i have new problems , the camera appears disconnected and i have to reset it all the time. Is a disaster !
Options
2018-03-06 14:53:51

Pilsen1975 wrote

Now i have my firmware updated , i have new problems , the camera appears disconnected and i have to reset it all the time. Is a disaster !

Which firmware you use? Now it disconnects even when you are on the same network?
Options
2018-07-18 10:59:56
I have same issue with NC450 V2.0 and firmware 1.3.4-171130 is a DISASTER, only keep online for few minutes. I can't access neither in local network, if unplug and plug again, works for some minutes and down again.
With wired works fine, the issue is with wifi.
Which firmware can i install??

Thanks
Options
2018-07-19 09:38:50
Did you try changing the wireless channel?

How about the signal strengh at the place where the camera pluged?

You can have a look at marvr's suggestion to check some settings about your router.
Options
2018-07-20 19:41:31
Not yet
I want a firmware that works good, not modified my router and net.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1168

Replies: 7