NC450 Doesn't Recognize SD Card

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-07 07:00:47
Model : NC450

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 1.2.4

I just bought a NC450 camera and everything works fine except the SD Card Slot, i try to use a SanDisk 32GB and a SanDisk XC 64GB and the TP-Link App for Android also the TP-Link Software for Windows doesn't recognize any SD Cards, i wish to know how i can configure correctly the SD Card of the camera.

Greetings from Mexico, sorry for my bad English.
Options
19 Reply
Re:NC450 Doesn't Recognize SD Card
2017-06-09 17:29:26

Hardware Version : V1

I have a similar problem with SD card. Card is recognized but with wrong size, instead of 16GB size is mentioned on application just 4GB. Everything is working even with storing but dont understand why only 25% of card capacity is used as there is support till 32GB cards sizing.

I try to format card in PC (size 16GB, fat32) successfully, PC and other devices can loaded card till 15,8GB without problem. But if this card is stored in NC450 I have again information that just 4GB is used.

Anyone know where is the issue?

I will try to used another card to see if this is card problem or camera problem to eliminate this...

BR, Martin
Options
Similar issue
2017-06-09 17:32:58

Hardware Version : V1

I have a similar problem with SD card. Card is recognized but with wrong size, instead of 16GB size is mentioned on application just 4GB. Everything is working even with storing but dont understand why only 25% of card capacity is used as there is support till 32GB cards sizing.

I try to format card in PC (size 16GB, fat32) successfully, PC and other devices can loaded card till 15,8GB without problem. But if this card is stored in NC450 I have again information that just 4GB is used.

Anyone know where is the issue?

I will try to used another card to see if this is card problem or camera problem to eliminate this...

BR, Martin
Options
2017-06-23 23:01:54
I also have a problem with SD card on my NC450 camera.After when I updating firmware to version 1.2.4 for some time all worked well.I use option “24 hour recording” and after some time my SD card (32GB SanDisk) became full.But for next few days the SD card was still detectable all the time and everything worked fine.However today, when I wanted to watch the historical recordings, I saw the information - "Please insert an SD card into the camera to store records".But I didn’t remove the SD card. Also in options “house with thief” there is message "Sd card works properly" and in the recording settings there is "SD memory 28.22GB / 29.71GB".I think this is a bug in the new software related with the 24 hour recording option.As I'm on vacation I can’t format the sd card or reset the camera.It would be nice to add these options in to the tpCamera application.
Options
Nc450 sd card problem
2017-06-24 00:18:18
I also have a problem with SD card on my NC450 camera.After when I updating firmware to version 1.2.4 for some time all worked well.I use option “24 hour recording” and after some time my SD card (32GB SanDisk) became full.But for next few days the SD card was still detectable all the time and everything worked fine.However today, when I wanted to watch the historical recordings, I saw the information - "Please insert an SD card into the camera to store records".But I didn’t remove the SD card. Also in options “house with thief” there is message "Sd card works properly" and in the recording settings there is "SD memory 28.22GB / 29.71GB".I think this is a bug in the new software related with the 24 hour recording option.As I'm on vacation I can’t format the sd card or reset the camera.It would be nice to add these options in to the tpCamera application
Options
2017-06-26 14:47:30
Hi, is the issue solved?
Options
2017-06-26 15:47:10
Hi,
Hard resetting the camera (removing the power plug) did't help. I was still seeing "Please insert an SD card into the camera to store records". Everything went back to normal after formatting the SD card in PC.
I'm again use "24h recording" option and I'm afraid that when SD card will be full the proble will return again. We will see in few days.
Options
2017-06-27 15:37:31
Thanks for the information
Options
2017-07-03 01:07:46
Likewise, I have problem with my 64GB SD card. It was working file but all of a sudden, about a week back, it doesn't read. I had thought that the memory was full but apparently it has only used half of the SD card.

I tried to reformat the SD card and rebooting but it still doesn't work. Appreciate if someone can advise on the solution for these. I see that there are quite a number of users with the same issue but not reply.
Options
2017-07-03 01:13:00
:confused: I bought the the camera about a month ago. I had to to reformat the SD card before it can work. It was working fine until 2 weeks back, the camera can no longer read the SD card. I try reformatting again and also reboot the camera but it doesn't work.

Can any TP link administrator reply to this thread? It doesn't seem like there was any reply to this thread. Thanks!
Options
2017-07-05 17:58:29

earthling17 wrote

:confused: I bought the the camera about a month ago. I had to to reformat the SD card before it can work. It was working fine until 2 weeks back, the camera can no longer read the SD card. I try reformatting again and also reboot the camera but it doesn't work.

Can any TP link administrator reply to this thread? It doesn't seem like there was any reply to this thread. Thanks!

Did you format the SD card to FAT32? Did you try hard reset the camera? If it doesn't help, you can initiate a ticket to TP-Link support. http://www.tp-link.sg/support-contact.html#E-mail-Support
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2630

Replies: 19

Related Articles