Votes

Need to change Wifi SSID without resetting the Cameras

Votes

Need to change Wifi SSID without resetting the Cameras

49 Reply
RE:Need to change Wifi SSID without resetting the Cameras
2 weeks ago
This would be so cool. I remember not having a dedicated network when I installed the cameras, now that I have resetting them and adding them again looks time consuming in my opinion.
Options
a week ago
Need to be able to change the WiFi during the life of the product
Options
a week ago
As I have a growing number of Tapo/Kasa devices, this is becoming an increasing issue/need.
Options
a week ago
I agree that such a basic functionality must be possible without a full reset.
Options
Re:Need to change Wifi SSID without resetting the Cameras
a week ago - last edited a week ago

There are many real life situations where there is the need to change Wifi SSID or password, more or less frequently. All other brands allow it, why not tapo? Resetting the cameras is just not a simple solution, especially if they are many and installed in difficult to reach locations, not talking about the need to reconfigure everything on every user's smartphone. That's why, in these cases, unfortunately I have to use other brands until this is fixed.

Options
Saturday

@Home_Cameras   @Solla-topee 

As per your request I am voting on this thread and as other have already pointed out this is something that shold really already be implemented, however I can see that this thread has been going for over a year now and TP link still haven't updated the firmware for cameras so this can be done!

In my case I want to be able to access the various SSID's already stored in the camera memory so that I can change them if necessary. I have one camera in particular that is exremely difficult to get to and to have to reset this every time I need to change the SSID is senseless.

I can see the camera in the App and should be able to change the SSID from within the App, it really isn't rocket science!

Currently if the cameras lose the SSID connection but are still alive, there is no way to get into the cameras to jog them and get them to join a network, instead it's out with a ladder, climb up, reset everything, and then go through the whole setup process again. Ridiculous.

Options
Monday - last edited Monday

For a company with such history in network it's ridiculous to have this crucial feature missing. Like in my case that I have several tapo devices and want to add them to my the new tplink mesh network, I'll have to lose all configurations by reseting everything.
Worst than this is not have a proper browser UI to configure without the mobile app.

Options
12 hours ago

@Shizenyasuya  I want this feature too.  It's ridiculous that I can switch between my routers based on the signal strength.  

Options
12 hours ago
I want this feature toom
Options

Voters 47

+ 43 Voters

Tags

WIFI SSID Reset