Votes

A UI Button to turn the plug off and then turn it back on again as one action

2024-08-13 20:06:26
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a wireless router that at time hangs, and I have to reboot the router by powering off and on.

I thought I would use a smart plug and use the app to power ther router off and power on again.

I fogot, that when the power was turn off, the wifi was turned off, and I could not power my wifi back on again.

Options
2 Reply
Re:A UI Button to turn the plug off and then turn it back on again as one action
2024-08-16 03:17:47

@pjf 

To restart the router that plugged in a smart plug, you may use the schedule feature. The schedule continues to function when the internet or WiFi is down. 

Create two schedules with a short interval. For example, 1. Turn OFF plug at 10:30 AM, 2. Turn On plug at 10:32 AM.

Related Articles

How to Set up Schedule, Away Mode, and Timer for Smart Plug/Bulb/Switch in Kasa App

What to do if schedule/timer/away mode not working properly for Kasa smart Plug/Switch/Bulb/Light Strip

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:A UI Button to turn the plug off and then turn it back on again as one action
2024-08-16 17:54:00

I know that, and I did do that, I have it turning off then on once a week for that wifi extender, That as been working for a while.

The event that caused me to run into the situation was my wife telling me it was the wifi was not working.

The wifi in question is actually a wifi extender, so I just manual turned it off using the app, and then could not turn it on.

I suppose I could create a schedule turning it on every minute for every day, and then only turning it off once a week.

That would work but it seems a bit extreem

@pjf 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 117

Replies: 2

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.