C5400 Dropped Internet Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-01 09:06:43
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I have a TP-Link Archer C5400 Tri-Band router. I configured it and it was working properly for approximately two months. Yesterday evening, it suddenly dropped the internet connection and the "Internet" LED went from blue to orange.

My modem is working properly (I am using right now), but the Router does not see it. I've: 1) Tested the modem; 2) changed the cable between the modem and router; 3) Rebooted the router; 4) Reset the router to factory specs and re-configured the router; 5) Updated to firmware to the latest available (1.0.9 Build 20170406 rel.53986(5553)); 6) Tried 3 and 4 with the updated firmware.

I must emphasize that it was OPERATING correctly for approximately 2 months and then SUDDENLY (at almost exactly Midnight 2017-08-31) it DROPPED the formerly-working Internet Connection and no troubleshooting has been able to bring it back. The Internet Connection IS WORKING, but the C5400 does not see it even though the settings have not changed and the same setting work perfectly well with an alternate router.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Options
1 Reply
Re:C5400 Dropped Internet Connection
2017-09-01 09:57:11
Did you turn off and on your modem? Is it a cable modem? You can follow this link to troubleshoot:
http://www.tp-link.com/faq-833.html
Options