Unable to log in to Archer C7 with Tether app.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-03 20:24:14
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Good morning. I'm not able to log into my C7 with the Tether app for Android. I just installed the app. When I launch it, it recognized my router. I verified that it's my router by the mac address displayed. It looks like it doesn't like the password, even though I'm using the same as when I login on the web site. I noticed that when I start typing it in, the first character is black and then the second and subsequent characters are red. Is it password checking as I go and somehow passing the wrong characters? I can see the characters as I type them in, and they're correct.
On the router, I have the local management setting for " All the PCs on the LAN are allowed to access the Router's Web-Based Utility" turned on.
My firmware is up to date with the latest for V2, which is:

Firmware Version: 3.15.2 Build 170525 Rel.37571n
Hardware Version: Archer C7 v2 00000000

I'm not sure what else could cause this. Any thoughts?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to log in to Archer C7 with Tether app.
2017-09-04 16:23:51
Your keyboard is probably putting an automatic space into your password and passwords can't have spaces, so they show up as red. Happens on the Web browser login, too. Try back spacing to delete the space and continue, or use a keyboard that won't try to autocorrect your password, otherwise type it in an app you can see your password fully in and copy and paste it into the password field (and make sure you delete your clipboard after).
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1166

Replies: 1