Using Verizon Jetpack for Internet Access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-06 05:07:00
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I purchased the Archer C1200 to replace a failing Cradlepoint router. Verizon Jetpack is the only option available to me for internet access out here in the sticks. I can't seen to find a way to attach the router wirelessly to the Jetpack in order to share the internet service with all my networked devices. Any help will be appreciated!
Options
3 Reply
Re:Using Verizon Jetpack for Internet Access
2017-09-06 16:53:33
It looks like the Jetpack is a Wi-Fi router itself (as well as a 4G modem), so you'd probably only be able to use it with your C1200 by using your C1200 as an extender/repeater.
Options
2017-09-06 22:04:58
The only way to attach to the Jetpack hotspot is wirelessly, and only then by having the attaching device supply the Jetpack ID and password. I can't find any way in the C1200 to enter those parameters. Maybe I'm just missing something, but it was simple to do on the Cradlepoint.

In the meantime, I've enabled both the WiFI and Ethernet adapters on my PCs: WiFi to the Jetpack, Ethernet to the C1200. That works for the PCs, but it's not optimal as I don't have that option on my other networked devices.
Options
2017-09-07 00:33:25
Yes, extender/repeaters connect wirelessly, but I looked through your router's manual and it looks like it doesn't have the capability to be used as a repeater. You'll have to use a different router or get a specified repeater.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2742

Replies: 3