Archer C7 Port Forwarding & WiFi Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-18 20:29:46
Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version : 170609

ISP : Spectrum

Hi,

I just got an Archer C7 to replace my old router. I have all my reserved DHCP IPs setup and port forwards setup. Unfortunately, port forwarding seems to be sporadic. Sometimes it works fine but most of the time it doesn't work at all. Does anyone have a clue what could cause this? I have also noticed that WiFi on it seems to be flaky too. As in it will work most of the time, but there are times when I try to adjust my WiFi thermostat and it is offline, or my phone will show connected but I'll have no Internet access. These issues didn't happen with my old setup. Below is my port forwarding setup. The three that really bother me are 443 -> 443, 444 -> 444 & 5631 -> 22.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C7 Port Forwarding & WiFi Issues
2017-09-19 19:28:42
Is it the latest firmware? When the wifi drops connection, how about the wired connection? And can you still log into the interface of the router? Do you need to reboot the router to get it work again?
Options
Re:Archer C7 Port Forwarding & WiFi Issues
2017-09-19 21:18:05

Shield101 wrote

Is it the latest firmware? When the wifi drops connection, how about the wired connection? And can you still log into the interface of the router? Do you need to reboot the router to get it work again?

I am on the latest firmware. When the WiFi connection drops, it appears the wired connection drops as well. Once WiFi comes back up, I can login fine and do not have to reboot the router. However, when I'm unable to browse the web on WiFi I'm also unable to access the interface of the router. And some of my port forwards work fine now, but others do not for some reason.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 842

Replies: 2

Related Articles