Archer C2600 losing internet connection every few mintues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-08 11:21:49
Model : Archer C2600

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 1.18 Build 20170306 Rel. 33259

ISP : US Internet - Fiber - 250 mbps up/down

Hello all,I've had this router for a year and haven't had any issues with it your until 2 or 3 days ago. Every 5minutes or so, I get a message on my phone that the router has no internet access. This is happening on 2 different phones and 2 laptops. This morning I held the reset button on the router and set it up. All I set was the access point name and password (did not set any advanced options). I set the name to the same name that it was set to before, so all of my devices would connect without having to do anything else. I was still having the issue after that. I connected my laptop directly to the wall outlet and ran Net Uptime Manager to see if the internet connection dropped and it did not drop once during my hour long test. There is fiber ran to my building, so I have an RJ45 jack that is ran direct to the ISP switch in the comm closet. About an hour ago, I used the web portal and reset the router to factory default. Again, I just set the access point name and password. This time, however, I did change it to a completely different name and have just connected the 2 androids. We're still experiencing the issue. The firmware is up to date and the ISP is not the problem. What else should I try? I did change the channel to auto. I'm in the same room as the router (5 ft away). Thanks in advance for the help!
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C2600 losing internet connection every few mintues
2017-10-09 14:27:45
What about the light status when you get the error message? BTW, did you test the wired connection or not? I mean connect your computer to the router by cable to see if it's stable?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 777

Replies: 1