Archer C1200 v2 management interface and Wifi dies after a little while.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C1200 v2 management interface and Wifi dies after a little while.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
160 Reply
Re:Archer C1200 v2 management interface and Wifi dies after a little while.
2017-12-31 19:13:46
I have the beta 8 firmware and I just had the issue happen while we were sleeping. No devices were really being used.
Options
2017-12-31 23:46:57
Hi All,

I have exactly the same issue with my AC1200 V2. Contacted TP Link Support --> I got no response. Does anyone have that beta 8 firmware to install and monitor?

I appreciate for sharing the fw file.
Options
2018-01-02 02:22:19
I am having the same problem with a C1200 V1, the "CA" version (I'm in Canada). I hope they release firmware to solve this for my region, seems like you can't use firmware from other regions so a US one wouldn't help me.
Options
2018-01-02 10:48:43
Maybe you can contact the support engineer Calvin ( https://www.tp-link.com/en/support-contact.html ), he send me the beta 11 firmware two days ago, and it works well now.
I have not faced this issue these days.

fejoes wrote

Hi All,

I have exactly the same issue with my AC1200 V2. Contacted TP Link Support --> I got no response. Does anyone have that beta 8 firmware to install and monitor?

I appreciate for sharing the fw file.
Options
2018-01-02 17:11:22

Vivien27 wrote

Maybe you can contact the support engineer Calvin ( https://www.tp-link.com/en/support-contact.html ), he send me the beta 11 firmware two days ago, and it works well now.
I have not faced this issue these days.

Yes, I sent follow up emails to Support Team. I have no response yet. I keep chasing them. Anyway, what is the beta 11 full firmware name? Is it for V2 EU ?

thanks
Options
2018-01-03 03:23:19
For those who is wondering, TP-Link is fully aware of the problem with the C1200.
They might as well have located the issue:

"recently update of Android OS brings up a compatibility issue with Archer C1200. You can disable the “Media control for cast devices” function.
[FONT=arial] For Android 8.0/8.1: Settings - Google - Cast media control - Media controls for cast devices"
[SIZE=3]For those who has the issue try this tip for now.

[/SIZE] [/FONT][FONT=arial]We are several people contributing and helping TP-Link to locate the problem and to evaluate the fixes in their upcoming fw.
From my own personal view there is no point in sharing any beta fw until an official comes that has been tested, and confirmed working. If they wanted to make it available it would be found in the download section for the C1200 support pages..
I got a fw released yesterday (20180101) , and just flashed the router and will test and monitor the packets through the wifi.
I have nothing to do with TP-Link or their company, i'm just helping them evaluate and hopefully locate the issue. And the point with my post in this thread is just to let people now that progress is happening. I know how frustrating it is to don't get any update on things.
[/FONT][SIZE=4][/SIZE]
Peter

Options
2018-01-03 04:22:46
Hi all,I have an Archer C1200 v1, EU version, latest available firmware. It was working flawlessly until about 3 weeks ago. At first, I had to reset it every morning, then twice a day, but during the last couple of days, it started hanging after only a couple of hours, sometimes minutes. Initially I did the 30-30-30 reset and reconfigured it from scratch. But it didn't made any difference.So last night I started tweaking various settings, and to test the result, I was copying via WiFi to a laptop, a file of about 600 MB from a desktop connected by cable. Each time it hanged at about 60%, causing the router to freeze as described by all of you. The only setting that made the difference, was disabling only "NAT boost", but leaving NAT on. I did that at midnight last night, and the connection is still stable 22 hours later. I also did the copy file test, also with files of a couple gigs, both on 2.4 and 5 Ghz, without any freeze.Hope this helps, in case any of you can test to confirm this as a possible "workaround" until hopefully a firmware update may solve the issue.What I'm afraid of, is that judging by the way it happened, maybe it's not a software issue, but a hardware one related to the chipset that controls the "NAT boost" feature. I understood from a different post http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?82248-C9-Two-questions-What-does-quot-NAT-Boost-quot-actually-do-and-how-to-enable-IPv6 that this NAT boost is, quote:"is a unique engine co-existing with the CPU"
Options
2018-01-04 00:22:09
It's been almost 2 days and no need to reboot the router. I put all the devices I had online and streaming away no problem, like when I first got the router.
I installed a beta firmware sent to me by Calvin from the tp-link support team. He was saying they are finalizing the build and it should be released soon.

Cheers.
Options
2018-01-04 03:40:55
Hi all,I tried to reply to this thread yesterday, but for some reason I have no ideea what happened to my post. Anyway, getting back to the issue: I have an Archer C1200, V1, EU, that had the same simptoms as described by all of you.After a 30-30-30 reset, and a lot of hours spent redoing all the setup and tweaking various settings, I disabled the "NAT boost" and it is still working after 2 days and 21 hours, without any freeze.I'm glad to hear though, that a firmware update to solve it is on the way.Untill then, I'm curious if any of you can test if the workaround with disabling "NAT boost" makes any difference. All the best in the new year!
Options
2018-01-04 06:10:16
Thanks.
I've just installed the C1200 (EU) v1 beta firmware and will inform you in a day or two if there is a positive development.
Options