Archer c7 (AC1750) Oddly specific routing issue.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-26 20:06:03
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've been slowly conversing with TP-Link support over this and not getting any real answers, maybe someone here can point me towards something i'm not seeing. Thank you in advance for reading.

I had an old router at home and really poor wifi that I was finally upgrading by getting an Archer C7 (TP-Link AC1750). My network is largish but not massive (4 Win10 computers, 3 android phones, an xbox one and a few tablets/fire tv/odds and ends).
The four computers all have static IPs, one of which is a win10 box acting as a media server, one that gives me remote access from external computers to the house, everything else is dynamic. There are two ports forwarded on the router for these reasons.
The router change went fairly flawlessly, speeds greatly improved, everyone is happy. Over the course of a few days though we noticed a few small issues that a continued conversation with TP-Link is not having luck answering, hence why i'm bothering all of you to see if anyone has run into this.
The two major issues I see are as follows:

[*]Windows 10 Mail app will not retrieve my Gmail account since the router became active. I can log in through the web browser without issue and it works fine. This computer is hard wired and not on the wifi. I tried plugging this computer direct into the modem and mail retrieved.
[*]My wife plays a microsoft solitare app on her phone, and it refuses to access the internet while on the wifi, if I shut off the wifi and try to access with data it logs in fine. Oddly though the app needs to access xbox live for it's cloud save, the xbox app oh android phones logs into the account without a problem.
I feel like some stupid setting is restricting certain access, but for the life of me I cannot find it. TP-Link support had me send the router log, take some screenshots, change the MTU from 1500 to 1450 with no change, change to google's 8.8.8.8 DNS for routing with no change. The problem is that with changes like the DNS, it requires a reboot and keeps dumping me out of the support queue each time, which is exhausting.
After receiving a reply email they wanted me to update the firmware to the router which I did, and it did not make a difference. I am currently waiting to hear back from them.

In the meantime, I tried disabling the firewall for a moment, which didn't make a difference. I changed the computers from static IP to Dynamic, no change. I tried using the windows mail app on other computers on the network and they had the same result, no mail was retrieved.

I'm hoping someone else has seen an issue similar to this and maybe knows something I don't. If not that is fine. I greatly appreciate any of you taking the time to read through this and any responses I receive. Thank you so much for any help you can give.
Options
7 Reply
Re:Archer c7 (AC1750) Oddly specific routing issue.
2017-10-27 10:11:14
have you tried to disable the WMM on the router?
Looking for forwarding to your update when you get a reply from tp-link support
Options
2017-10-27 12:49:09
Thank you for the reply kevin, now i'm getting weirdly sporatic connectivity issues to certain places (xbox live is working fine, but my gmail will not refresh sorts of things). I tried disabling WMM, even though I knew it wouldn't affect the hard wired computers, but it still didn't make a difference on the phones either.

It's been 24 hours or more since my last email from support, getting a bit frustrated and wondering if it's time to return this for a different brand router.
Options
2017-10-27 16:48:56
Maybe there are time difference and lit seems your case is little complicated, maybe they need more time to analyze
Options
2017-10-27 21:53:45
I know, I just haven't heard from anyone since Wednesday morning and it's getting frustrating at this point, even a courtesy mail to know what is going on....
Options
2017-10-30 17:05:25
Did you get a reply today?
Options
2017-10-30 23:09:47

uutommi wrote

Did you get a reply today?

After a few days and a long discussion with Amazon support, I returned the router and bought a different brand. Saturday I finally received a reply from support with no new information and told them my decision.
Options
2017-10-31 14:35:58
Poor TP-Link lost a customer. Hope your new router can work perfectly.
Options