Archer C2300 firmware 2.0.0 parental controls menu doesn't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-04 10:17:23
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I just upgraded my Archer C2300 to firmware 2.0.0 build 20170922 because I wanted the improved (HomeCare) parental controls. It seemed like it was OK (i had to reconfigure the whole router, including WIFI SSIDs and passwords, etc), but the HomeCare menu has a problem: I can access the Qos and Antivirus links just fine. But Parent Controls simply brings up a spinning wheel in the righthand pane where you'd normally see settings you can fiddle with and the router's web interface is then borked and won't respond to any more clicks. I have to close my browser and come back in. And of course now I cannot set ANY parental controls.

FWIW, no I'm not using a phone app to manage this router. Also, no, I don't have a tp-link cloud login. Don't really feel like I need a cloud login. Also, I HAVE tried rebooting the router. Doesn't help.

Oh, and this happens whether I'm in Basic or Advanced mode. I simply cannot access parental controls no matter what.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C2300 firmware 2.0.0 parental controls menu doesn't work
2017-11-06 00:45:49
OP here. I figured it out. It doesn't work properly on Chrome (latest 64-bit MacOs version), but DOES on Safari. So anyone else having trouble with router admin menus not coming up, check your browser. Dunno why the system doesn't work OK on Chrome but whatever. Now the only thing I wish for is that parental controls would have a day-by-day time setting like it did before. Now it only has Mon-Fri and weekends. My son has one set of rules for Friday and Saturday but Sunday night is a school night, so.... yeah..
Options
Re:Archer C2300 firmware 2.0.0 parental controls menu doesn't work
2017-11-06 18:25:11
Good sharing!
For the parental control settings, I think you can send a feedback to TP-Link support and ask them to modify this in the future.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 615

Replies: 2

Related Articles