WR802N (US) V4.0 will not connect to a particular iPhone in Hotspot Router mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-04 11:09:32
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a WR802N router set up in "Hotspot Router" mode. The route will connect to my wife's iPhone (iPhone 7 w/iOS 11.1 FW) and to my Linksys EA6350 home router w/o issue. However it will not connect to my own iPhone 6 (w/iOS 11.1 FW) no matter what I try. I have tried cycling power on the router, the iPhone, etc. and it doesn't connect.

I am using the iPhones as the WAN side with a wired device connected to the e-net port. Works find on the Linksys and Wife's iP7 but not my iP6.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Options
2 Reply
Re:WR802N (US) V4.0 will not connect to a particular iPhone in Hotspot Router mode
2017-11-06 19:33:55
It seems to a compatible issue.
Have a try to upgrade the router's version?
Options
Re:WR802N (US) V4.0 will not connect to a particular iPhone in Hotspot Router mode
2018-01-14 12:33:35
If you have this router with Hardware Version 4, there is no updated firmware for it at this time. I just bought one of these in December 2017 and I'm having the same trouble that apparently many are with the iPhone 6 and iOS 11.X.X. Time for another device, as far as I can see. This fix is probably not very high on TP-Link's list. My opinion.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 750

Replies: 2