Archer C8: Cannot log in to router web page with Firefox 56 page due to cookie problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C8: Cannot log in to router web page with Firefox 56 page due to cookie problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-05 07:55:21
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Every time I try to log in to the web setup page of my Archer C8 router using Firefox 56.0.2 (64-bit) for Windows 7, I get the following error message...

Cookies must be enabled to log in. Please enable Cookies or turn off Private/Incognito browsing mode.

Yet cookies are enabled! And I never use Private/Incognito mode. I even added an add on named "Permit Cookies 2", which allows one to force-enable cookie allowance. But when I simply type in the URL, I get the above message. If I use the "Permit Cookies 2" add-on to force-allow cookies, I can -- for one time only -- enter my User and Password and click Login, but then I always get the message shown above no matter what I do! If I click on the "i" button (in a circle at the far left/first character of the URL), it shows that setting cookies IS allowed.

I can login without any problems using IE 11, but it doesn't even require that cookies be set. It's just when trying to use Firefox 56 for Windows that the cookie problem arises.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Does anyone have any suggestions other than using IE 11?

Thanks!
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C8: Cannot log in to router web page with Firefox 56 page due to cookie problem
2017-11-06 18:45:33
Try to uninstall and reinstall the firefox or try the firefox on a different device.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1373

Replies: 1

Related Articles