Need urgent help: Archer C5400 can't reach login page (and won't log in with app) even after resets

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Need urgent help: Archer C5400 can't reach login page (and won't log in with app) even after resets

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-12 04:40:12
Model : Archer C5400 / AC5400 Wireless Tri-Band MU-MIMO Gigabit Router

Hardware Version : 2.0

Firmware Version : no way to access and see. I can not reach the login page via IP, IPV6, or the default tplinkwifi.net page

ISP : Verizon, Shentel, and unplugged internet connection/none have all been tried.

• ArcherC5400 v2

• Has been reset it MULTIPLE times

• Ipconfig /release command works fine. Ipconfig /renew does not work and it errors out/times out. (Not my computer. Only has problems with this. Maybe related to the problem here?)

• It can NOT find the login, it can NOT reach the login page, and can not be reached via common IP.

• 169.254.129.--(Preferred) is the IP found via IPCONFIG. But even this can't be reached in chrome, explorer, or Firefox.

• after the resets I brought out my iPhone to install tether and upon login (admin admin) it will still won't let me connect. Says password is wrong-but it's very much correct and even has been reset.

• Removing the internet connection to the router doesn't solve the issue. Adding it back does not help. I still can't reach the tp login site not reach the router page via ip.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Need urgent help: Archer C5400 can't reach login page (and won't log in with app) even after resets
2017-11-13 18:47:55
Hi, does the RESET mean power on/off the router, or reset back to factory settings? If it's reset back to factory settings, make sure you see all the lights on and off except the power light, that means you have reset it successfully.
169.254...is invalid IP address, computer cannot communicate to the router with that IP address.
On your iphone, after you connect to the router's wifi, then go to Settings---Wi-Fi page, click on the router's wifi, what's the IPv4 address and Router number? If it's 192.168.0.1 for Router, then try to login with http://192.168.0.254 on your phone.
Options
Re:Need urgent help: Archer C5400 can't reach login page (and won't log in with app) even after resets
2017-11-14 12:11:08
Both, unfortunately @Shield101 All lights have gone off and some even flashed in a few reset tries.Regarding the IP- is there any fix? I can reach the router only with "Tether"- but it won't let me login with admin admin despite never changing the login information and that being default. (Even with resets.) There was no connection and it just timed out when I went with that page in Chrome and it wasn't accessible in IE.
Options
2017-11-18 20:55:57
You need to make sure your can get the IP from the router on your computer or phone, should be something like 192.168.0.X (0

Rouvie wrote

Both, unfortunately @Shield101 All lights have gone off and some even flashed in a few reset tries.Regarding the IP- is there any fix? I can reach the router only with "Tether"- but it won't let me login with admin admin despite never changing the login information and that being default. (Even with resets.) There was no connection and it just timed out when I went with that page in Chrome and it wasn't accessible in IE.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1494

Replies: 3